2nd wave preps

How are you preparing
diamond lil

Re: 2nd wave preps

Post by diamond lil »

Quote of the week from my demented daughter when I told her to stock up now :mrgreen:
" Why? I'm ok. I've got a bag of pasta"
Nurseandy

Post by Nurseandy »

Whilst we will continue to quietly add a bit extra to our weekly shop I'm hoping (probably naively) that if there is another run on the supermarkets they'll have learnt from last time and instigate a limit on purchases pronto.
But maybe I'm just blindly optimistic......
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

diamond lil wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:13 am Quote of the week from my demented daughter when I told her to stock up now :mrgreen:
" Why? I'm ok. I've got a bag of pasta"
24242395271_404a6d2825_b.jpg
She's sorted then ;) :lol: :mrgreen:
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Tankford

Post by Tankford »

Nurseandy wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:40 am Whilst we will continue to quietly add a bit extra to our weekly shop I'm hoping (probably naively) that if there is another run on the supermarkets they'll have learnt from last time and instigate a limit on purchases pronto.
But maybe I'm just blindly optimistic......
The Tesco near me has put their item limits back on today, speaking to a member of staff they said some larger stores that are the primary shop (the next nearest supermarket is a long drive) are implementing it on every pay weekend, they believed for the foreseeable future.

Anyone else noticed them back on?
jansman

Post by jansman »

I’ve just filled the car with motion lotion at the local station. They have a convenience store, very well stocked too. But not today. It was stripped. The cashier s said folks were going bonkers.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
PreppingSu

Post by PreppingSu »

Did a BIG top up shop today. Usually do a click and collect and Morrisons have a limited on things like sugar, bleach. In store I was not challenged by how many items I had. Still some items missing 😲 and prices have certainly risen. Very few multiple buy bargains.

Had a bit of a shock when I came to pay but cupboards are looking great!
Rusty74

Post by Rusty74 »

diamond lil wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:36 pm Same here, Purina kibble for the Boss, plus two big boxes of soap powder and 2 fabric softener. Laundry and pet week here :mrgreen:
Oh god better get Dreamies too :shock:
dont shake the box of dreamies in the house though iv seen the advert on tv and if your cat likes them as much as ours do they can run through walls to get them lol....
Remember the rule of the 7 P's, proper planning and prepperation prevents piss poor performance...
cbp125

Post by cbp125 »

Our local asda is running low again, our neighbours are all saying another local down is coming, schools will not return etc. They are driving our to all of the shops in turn for very large shops... I'd say we are climbing the silly curve again. Glad I have been topping up from the beginning, I don't have any obvious gaps and want to keep it that way. On the ham radio people are all talking about a 2nd wave accross europe so it sounds like it's on it's way
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Every single country in the world that had it now has it again. It isn't coming, it's here And for England, it isn't a second wave anyway because they never got out of the first..
jansman

Post by jansman »

diamond lil wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:32 pm Every single country in the world that had it now has it again. It isn't coming, it's here And for England, it isn't a second wave anyway because they never got out of the first..
I am just North of Leicester. Need anyone say more?
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.