Go bags for couples

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Lemne

Go bags for couples

Post by Lemne »

I'm starting to do a list of things to put in bug out bags for me and my husband. Would you pack each bag as a stand alone with enough equipment for one person having to buy 2 of everything or split the load between the two. When packing a normal bag we would split the heavy items between the two bags not caring what went where as we would be staying together. I'm trying to go far enough to be effective but not completely falling down the rabbit hole.
featherstick

Re: Go bags for couples

Post by featherstick »

What sort of go bag are you planning? If it's a hotel/hospital bag, then it's light enough to have one each. If you are doing the full-on GOOD live-in-the-woods-for-3-months Zombie Apocalypse BOB, then you'll both need a 60l bergen, bivvy bag, tactical FAK, machete, crossbow, night sights, 72 hour ration packs...and the physical conditioning to carry it and skills to live out of it.
Lemne

Post by Lemne »

I'm thinking somewhere in between tbh. People survived in the wild with a lot less equipment than that. I would like to be able to go out and survive for a few days in the wild if needed. I just wondered if I should pack a first aid kit in both etc
jansman

Post by jansman »

From our own perspective,my wife and I have a hotel bag.Ex military kit bag with three. days worth of clothing ,toiletries etc. In case of forced evacuation.It's a tough old kit bag,stashed under our bed,and could be chucked out of the window if ,for instance,there was a housefire.Running to the woods ain't happening here! :lol:

Kit like tools,torches and first aid kit I have in my get home bag in the car,if needed.I always have my keys and wallet on me,or very close by.My phone contains numbers of dog friendly hotels too.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Lemne wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:27 pm I'm thinking somewhere in between tbh. People survived in the wild with a lot less equipment than that. I would like to be able to go out and survive for a few days in the wild if needed. I just wondered if I should pack a first aid kit in both etc
I think everyone should have a first aid kit as EDC . I have one in the work bag, one in the car, work put one in the van, big one in the house and I've put one in the workshed after I had to walk the whole length on the garden trying not to splash claret everywhere.

But that wasn't your question though, if you're both going to be leaving from the same place and travelling together then there are things you can share (Tent etc).....However, if its the kind of Event that makes going full on refugee and Running To The Hills your only option, how likely is it that you'll both be home or able to arrange a meeting place?

A RTTH bug-out isn't something I've planned for. Going to a Hotel , village hall/school shelter or crashing with family or a mate I have.
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar