What Preps are you doing this week? Part 7.

How are you preparing
grenfell

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 7.

Post by grenfell »

Rusty74 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:10 pm was thinking tonight after work and done my own gardening round,while stitting in the hot tub chilling out could the water be filtered in a SHTF case from the hot tub???we do have a few rain water barrels off the log sheds roofs and i do know of a fresh water spring within 10 minute walk of our place,but the gallons the hot tub holds could it be used for drinking water???
I don't know why but i was reminded of the joke about the man who gave his wife a bath in champagne for her birthday but being canny decided to but it back in the bottles afterwards only to find there was a pint more in the bath than he had put in.... :D
jansman

Post by jansman »

grenfell wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:45 am
Rusty74 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:10 pm was thinking tonight after work and done my own gardening round,while stitting in the hot tub chilling out could the water be filtered in a SHTF case from the hot tub???we do have a few rain water barrels off the log sheds roofs and i do know of a fresh water spring within 10 minute walk of our place,but the gallons the hot tub holds could it be used for drinking water???
I don't know why but i was reminded of the joke about the man who gave his wife a bath in champagne for her birthday but being canny decided to but it back in the bottles afterwards only to find there was a pint more in the bath than he had put in.... :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

Any extra bubbles?
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
Rusty74

Post by Rusty74 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Remember the rule of the 7 P's, proper planning and prepperation prevents piss poor performance...
Rusty74

Post by Rusty74 »

called into b&m after i finished tonight to pick up 2 of the portable gas heaters and 2 packs of butane canisters,plan on using them as back up incase i cant get parafin for the hurricane lanterns for the outside toilet and greenhouse(might get another 5ltrs of parafin tomorrow as well thinking about it),also picked up 3 packs of there 44pc 1st aid kits which where £1.99ea,trouble with b&m or home bargins i go in for something and get to the till and its £50 or £60 later lol,we have always been well stocked up incase of a bad winter due to where we live but the wife looked at me tonight as if id lost the plot lol....
Remember the rule of the 7 P's, proper planning and prepperation prevents piss poor performance...
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Rusty74 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:44 pm called into b&m after i finished tonight to pick up 2 of the portable gas heaters and 2 packs of butane canisters,plan on using them as back up incase i cant get parafin for the hurricane lanterns for the outside toilet and greenhouse(might get another 5ltrs of parafin tomorrow as well thinking about it),also picked up 3 packs of there 44pc 1st aid kits which where £1.99ea,trouble with b&m or home bargins i go in for something and get to the till and its £50 or £60 later lol,we have always been well stocked up incase of a bad winter due to where we live but the wife looked at me tonight as if id lost the plot lol....
If it's the gas heater im thinking of beware they don't like the cold 😂

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Marko-Outdoor- ... 4477331310

I've got one.....

Yorkshire trading are knocking lamp oil out at £2.99 per litre
http://www.uk-preppers.co.uk/forum/view ... 15&t=16997
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Rusty74

Post by Rusty74 »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:45 pm
Rusty74 wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:44 pm called into b&m after i finished tonight to pick up 2 of the portable gas heaters and 2 packs of butane canisters,plan on using them as back up incase i cant get parafin for the hurricane lanterns for the outside toilet and greenhouse(might get another 5ltrs of parafin tomorrow as well thinking about it),also picked up 3 packs of there 44pc 1st aid kits which where £1.99ea,trouble with b&m or home bargins i go in for something and get to the till and its £50 or £60 later lol,we have always been well stocked up incase of a bad winter due to where we live but the wife looked at me tonight as if id lost the plot lol....
If it's the gas heater im thinking of beware they don't like the cold 😂

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Marko-Outdoor- ... 4477331310

I've got one.....

Yorkshire trading are knocking lamp oil out at £2.99 per litre
http://www.uk-preppers.co.uk/forum/view ... 15&t=16997
no it's not that one outdoor adventure portable gas heater its on there web site...
Le Mouse

Post by Le Mouse »

I'm in the process of buying my first car at last. Shielding is slowly coming to an end, but I don't feel anywhere near safe with the idea of using public transport again. It looks like I could buy a car contact free and I've checked the one I want with someone I trust and they think its a good idea. From Monday I can form a support bubble with another household and that household will be my Mum. She's suffered a lot being on her own and I need to get round there. So I'm waiting on a reply from the dealership to find out what options I have to look at the car.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Le Mouse wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:08 pm I'm in the process of buying my first car at last. Shielding is slowly coming to an end, but I don't feel anywhere near safe with the idea of using public transport again. It looks like I could buy a car contact free and I've checked the one I want with someone I trust and they think its a good idea. From Monday I can form a support bubble with another household and that household will be my Mum. She's suffered a lot being on her own and I need to get round there. So I'm waiting on a reply from the dealership to find out what options I have to look at the car.
Mouse, thats really interesting - I'm starting to wonder about it, I must say. Its a really long time since I've driven, though :( Luckily the increase in the traffic won't be too much of a problem if I do go for it - I learned to drive in London, around Old Street and Bayswater :mrgreen: Please update what your decision will be.
Le Mouse

Post by Le Mouse »

Arzosah wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:03 pm Mouse, thats really interesting - I'm starting to wonder about it, I must say. Its a really long time since I've driven, though :( Luckily the increase in the traffic won't be too much of a problem if I do go for it - I learned to drive in London, around Old Street and Bayswater :mrgreen: Please update what your decision will be.
Well I've put a deposit down :mrgreen: I can't go see it until the weird car chain is complete - the 'former' owner still has it and is waiting for their new car so they can be swapped. Lockdown played a complicated game on the dealership :lol:
I only passed my test the day before work decided to send us all home, so I'm a bit wary about getting in another car, but it's an automatic so at least there's that! I keep thinking about how much more freedom I'll have with a car. It'll make my life a whole lot easier.