diamond lil

Re: 2nd wave preps

Post by diamond lil »

**panic buys like hell** :mrgreen:
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

grenfell wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 7:04 am
jansman wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 5:39 pmApply the fear people had over lockdown and the resulting panic buying,and the memory of that , to Brexit.All it will take is the media to even hint at the chance of shortages,and folks will repeat that again.
Could be an interesting one. Cheques stretching around the car parks with the social distancing , limited home delivery slots and currently on tesco click and collect there's an 80 item limit so i'm not certain how a second wave panic buying scenerio would play out. Would people abandon the social distancing to scrum down in the supermarket aisles or would the fear of the virus prevent them doing that? Would muggings for a trollyload of shopping be seen?
Combo of the 'Rona and a looming no-deal Brexit is not an attractive one. :shock:
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

Don't forget the looming financial problems, so maybe that should be a triple whammy.

"Brex-econo-rona"
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
jansman

Post by jansman »

Just make sure there’s food in the pantry, and a bit of everything that was short back in March. Those things you CAN control. Being worried and concerned about the future , whilst understandable, you can’t control.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
PreppingPingu

Post by PreppingPingu »

I think it's not just "second wave of Covid-19" but I would imagine that this autumn/winter, if anyone gets any kind of lurgy, then folks are going to be more inclined to take time off work/ be banned from coming into work which in itself could lead to issues. Most winters we all struggle and push ourselves into work when we are unwell as our bosses/family finances won't let us have time off, so end up spreading even minor illness about. It's never been good etiquette to take time off work. I would imagine that this year, that attitude will change. I definitely don't want to be standing outside in all weathers this winter queuing if a resurgence does mean shops limiting shoppers in and out still, so yes I will be maintaining and increasing stocks for that (as per Jansman's comment) and the looming financial issues (as per Arwen's comment.)
"Today is the tomorrow that you worrried about yesterday" - unknown
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast" - Red Dwarf
(Area 3)
mikefranks

Post by mikefranks »

It’s very difficult to predict how things will go. However saying that I’m working on a 6 month plan of preps. Who knows what’s in store over the coming months!
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Stocks of pharmacy meds are low and Brexit will hit them hard. We need to stock up now on OTC stuff.
jansman

Post by jansman »

diamond lil wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:32 am Stocks of pharmacy meds are low and Brexit will hit them hard. We need to stock up now on OTC stuff.
That’s my thought too.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
izzy_mack

Post by izzy_mack »

Just been shopping and got general food stuff to add to supplies as well as using stuff. Also a couple boxes of lemsip to add to flu supplies for winter and antiseptic creams. Also got some small toys and some clothes for smallfry in the family for future presents (loads of birthdays to get through before xmas} as they were on sale and I have no idea how supplies/prices are going to go.
scorpio00x

Post by scorpio00x »

Tho this second wave has been on my mind I was hoping it wouldn't come. I talk to many different people in my job as a retail worker and over last couple of days I've spoken to NHS staff who apparently are preparing for second wave and this is now starting to hit home. I've seen the shelves clear quicker. I fear come winter I won't be able to work this time due to underlying conditions which are worse then. I'm trying to save cash, build up food supplies without annoying my partner as she will think I'm even more mad. Unfortunately if I do take the time off I'll only get my contract which is no where near enough.