Hello from Scotland.

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Alan7997

Hello from Scotland.

Post by Alan7997 »

Hello all,

I've got into prepping seriously at the start of the year due to the COVID pandemic like I'm sure many others here have as well.
I'm 40 years old, was a bench hand joiner before I got laid off I was also trained up as one of the workshop first aiders as well as a respirator mask fitter. All of which I'm sure have practical value if SHTF.

I managed to store up a cache of food and water for a month for my family as well as essentials: Radio, led flashlight as well as candles, rubbing alcohol, firefighting equipment etc I also was allowed to hold onto my respirator from work. I luckily got all my food stored the same week the panic buying started - that was lucky!

I'm here to learn from more experienced preppers, gain a few pointers, find out what I'm doing right, what I may be doing wrong and increase my skillset: correctly identify wild plants and fungi should things really get bad, find out more about long term water storage instead of relying on bottled store water etc and enjoy the website.

Thanks very much for reading! :D
Alan.
diamond lil

Re: Hello from Scotland.

Post by diamond lil »

Hi Alan. I'm up in the border hills :mrgreen:
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
izzy_mack

Post by izzy_mack »

Welcome to the forum. I,m in the highlands and find this forum a great help even though my life is somewhat different from urban dwellers. You can ask for help here about most topics and then stand back as the help floods in.