Something that slipped my mind - washing clothes

How are you preparing
Quill

Something that slipped my mind - washing clothes

Post by Quill »

Washing machine packed up, not the end of the world because we’re able to use a washing machine in another house (it’s empty atm, because the owner has been staying with us during the lockdown).

While we’ll be fine this time, in future I’m going to store a bottle or two of handwashing soap so the bare necessities at least can be washed as it had never crossed my mind beforehand.
Arzosah

Re: Something that slipped my mind - washing clothes

Post by Arzosah »

Glad you can sort it so easily - non working white goods are a baaad thing!
izzy_mack

Post by izzy_mack »

Glad you're managing ok. A cake of soap and a small scrubbing brush or sturdy nailbrush will do for hand washing, just be sure to rinse well.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Mine is on its way out too, sounding rough.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Quill

Post by Quill »

Ooh, that looks handy. Thanks for the tips lads
Decaff

Post by Decaff »

Weirdly that was high on my list of "must haves" I bought 2 ginourmous bags of washing powder which don't go out of date or melt (like the pods can and burst open, yes, I managed to do that... :oops: ) but will only use if I run out of pods or I can't find at a good price. New washing machine came beginning of January as the bearings went on the other one, literally everything had been replaced on it and felt is was time for a new one. Thanking my stars that I did as I know that it would not be working now. It also came with a sample box of pods which were a game changer for me. Now we don't over use, even the son can managed to put just 1 pod in rather than a huge scoop of super concentrated powder :roll: so in the long run they are saving money. I rescued a few spares from the old machine like the paddles from inside the drum (they slide off easily) and they will fit the new one too.
Behind every great man is an even greater woman. She carried you, raised you and made you who you are.
preppergb

Post by preppergb »

Quill wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:37 pm Washing machine packed up, not the end of the world because we’re able to use a washing machine in another house (it’s empty atm, because the owner has been staying with us during the lockdown).

While we’ll be fine this time, in future I’m going to store a bottle or two of handwashing soap so the bare necessities at least can be washed as it had never crossed my mind beforehand.
I keep about 6 bottles of Star Drops for reserves as it can be used for Laundry as well as washing up and washing hands and vehicles.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Star Drops is magic stuff :mrgreen:
Mad Scientist

Post by Mad Scientist »

I’ll have to get some of that! If I run out of laundry powder I use shower gel that I get cheaply from car boot sales/pinched from hotels in the dim and distant past.