Lockdown?

How are you preparing
jansman

Re: Lockdown?

Post by jansman »

It’s the lack of green stuff that concerns me. Hopefully on Sunday we can nail a bit of fresh veg. One oversight was very little frozen in stock. Mind you, we did have some coming and the slot just disappeared.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
HedgeHopper

Post by HedgeHopper »

To the Mod/Admin who dissallowed my post, apologies It was not helpfull of me though I do think reckless and irresponsible behaviour should be challenged but perhaps not in the manner I chose
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

My one and only bus has stopped. No buses anywhere near this village now. I begin to feel isolated now.. If anything happens to the husband then I might as well be on the moon :shock: :mrgreen:
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

diamond lil wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:38 pm My one and only bus has stopped. No buses anywhere near this village now. I begin to feel isolated now.. If anything happens to the husband then I might as well be on the moon :shock: :mrgreen:
Accidental or deliberate. Inquiring minds want to know... :mrgreen:
hobo

Post by hobo »

jansman wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:00 pm It’s the lack of green stuff that concerns me. Hopefully on Sunday we can nail a bit of fresh veg. One oversight was very little frozen in stock. Mind you, we did have some coming and the slot just disappeared.
Plenty in the supermarkets last time I looked on Tuesday though also try the little veg shops - at least 2 near us are doing deliveries.
jansman

Post by jansman »

I have had some serious dental work done recently, and basically have a temporary crown, awaiting the real deal in 2 weeks. It should have been 2 weeks AGO,but my dentist bailed to self- isolate. Got a call earlier... no dentist until further notice. If any of you have a dental emergency, it’s 111 ; good luck with that! All dentists have been stood down.

Robert Frost.

Me.
jansman

Post by jansman »

hobo wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:22 pm
jansman wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:00 pm It’s the lack of green stuff that concerns me. Hopefully on Sunday we can nail a bit of fresh veg. One oversight was very little frozen in stock. Mind you, we did have some coming and the slot just disappeared.
Plenty in the supermarkets last time I looked on Tuesday though also try the little veg shops - at least 2 near us are doing deliveries.
Mrs J cannot go out until Sunday( until 100% zero fever free). We are getting by on what we have. We have a few carrots and a white cabbage, and the boss makes a lovely coleslaw with that. We have perpetual spinach and micro greens in the tunnel/ garden. Eldest would go for us , but she is asthmatic. She goes to her office from home and is isolated at either end. She has Ocado slots booked so has no need to mix.

Robert Frost.

Me.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

That's pretty worrying re dentists.
itsy, it depend on how much he annoys me. We're currently at DEFCON 7 out of 10 though.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

That *is* worrying about dentists ... I have clove oil, I have a pack of those cheap little instruments, which contain a rubber thing to give your teeth an extra clean ... I'll carry on being careful. Last year, the dentist said my X rays are identical to 3 years ago, so thats good. I'm over the age where my old fillings are falling apart :oops: :shock: :lol:

Finally had my supermarket delivery today - two sets of cancellations where "this item is not available". I only have one delivery a month, so even though I live alone, its about £80-£90, which is what this one was. All I got was goods worth £45! There were *two* tins, thats all, and both were dented. I'll email this evening to get a refund.

I made sure that all my fabrics (coats, curtains) were out of the porch area, so there was no chance of some gormless delivery driver coughing on them. Turns out he *was* fairly gormless - he put the trays on my porch mat, which is what I request, but then just stood there, right by them. I asked him to step back, and he did, a good distance away. So thats it, I'm done now, even with fresh/frozen food, I've got weeks. With storecupboard food, months.
Nurseandy

Post by Nurseandy »

Dentists & dental nurses are helping out at the corona virus assessment centres to allow nursy nurses to be on the wards