2020 Potential Economic Collapse

For all things financial
ukpreppergrrl

Re: 2020 Potential Economic Collapse

Post by ukpreppergrrl »

Deeps wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:54 am
Arwen Thebard wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:24 am These numbers are staggering and help put the current situation into perspective;

Cost of entire 2008 bank bailout was $500 billion.

Current FED bailout / bank liquidity funding is $50 to $150 billion EVERYDAY.

The FED promised a $1.5 Trillion injection last Friday alone to cover the weekend.

That's the scale of the problem.
On the bright side, that should put to bed any conspiracy theories that this was all started by 'The Man', this will be costing them a fortune. :lol:
Au contraire my friend, au contraire! This only adds fuel to the illuminati/lizard people/NWO theories! *They* are not the ones paying the money, it comes out of the working man's taxes! We, the underlings are paying my friend! It's part of the conspiracy to subjugate and then kill us all. We must rise and throw off our overlords! Cough...cough...sorry, not feeling very well....might be delirious and talking bollocks at the moment....

*Just in case there's anyone here who doesn't know me...I'm not a conspiracy theorist, the above is a joke!
Blog: http://ukpreppergrrl.wordpress.com
التَكْرَارُ يُعَلِّمُ الحِمارَ "Repetition teaches the donkey" Arabic proverb
"A year from now you may wish you had started today" Karen Lamb
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

ukpreppergrrl wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:32 am
Deeps wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:54 am
Arwen Thebard wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:24 am These numbers are staggering and help put the current situation into perspective;

Cost of entire 2008 bank bailout was $500 billion.

Current FED bailout / bank liquidity funding is $50 to $150 billion EVERYDAY.

The FED promised a $1.5 Trillion injection last Friday alone to cover the weekend.

That's the scale of the problem.
On the bright side, that should put to bed any conspiracy theories that this was all started by 'The Man', this will be costing them a fortune. :lol:
Au contraire my friend, au contraire! This only adds fuel to the illuminati/lizard people/NWO theories! *They* are not the ones paying the money, it comes out of the working man's taxes! We, the underlings are paying my friend! It's part of the conspiracy to subjugate and then kIill us all. We must rise and throw off our overlords! Cough...cough...sorry, not feeling very well....might be delirious and talking bollocks at the moment....

*Just in case there's anyone here who doesn't know me...I'm not a conspiracy theorist, the above is a joke!
:lol: I'm maybe missing something here but surely our lizard overlords will be happy for those unproductive units to get wiped out with the Corona AIDS, they'll save a fortune on the pension pots and it would free up some housing stock.... I'm all confused now, who (not WHO) do we think started it and why ???? I think I'm catching what you've got missus, I'm away for a lie down.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Lets have less of the conspiracy theories.We don't do that here,plenty of places for nutters out there on the web.I know its joking,but lets not do it.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

jansman wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:05 pm Lets have less of the conspiracy theories.We don't do that here,plenty of places for nutters out there on the web.I know its joking,but lets not do it.
Spoilsport. :P
jansman

Post by jansman »

Deeps wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:15 pm
jansman wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:05 pm Lets have less of the conspiracy theories.We don't do that here,plenty of places for nutters out there on the web.I know its joking,but lets not do it.
Spoilsport. :P
I have a theory,nah! Experience of ' The General Public', and half the buggers are mentally unstable... And I mean it!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

I would ask you to think a little ahead, maybe just a few short weeks and prep as best you can. IMO bank runs are likely soon with ATMs closed etc etc etc.

Most of the sovereign and central banks around the world are printing money from thin air throwing it at the markets in unprecedented levels. They are both lending it to institutions, such as banks, as interest bearing loans which have to be paid back by the shareholders. But they are also buying shares / equities themselves, direct from the markets in an attempt to stabilize the situation. These purchases are not loans, they are buying the shares of companies, so they will physically own a piece (perhaps a majority holding) of these companies, in the hope of selling them, at profit, in the future.

Perhaps more worrying is the money they are "lending" to governments / buying bonds etc. Again simply huge amounts being handed over to politicians to try and keep the ship from sinking. These are also interest bearing loans and it is us, the tax payers of today, our kids and grandchildren that are on the hook for this interest.

Have you ever asked yourself "why dont governments just print money for themselves, interest free"

In just a few months times, a select group of large banks will have majority shareholdings and interests in many companies and COUNTRIES. Future Governments, industries and taxpayers will owe them QUADRILLIONS for a very long time to come. Just when you think that WE (Gov, corporations and citizens) cannot take on anymore debt, we are all maxed out, guess what? Along comes a reason and method of racking up even more.

Its not supposed to work like that.
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
tco-lincs

Post by tco-lincs »

Arwen Thebard wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:51 am I would ask you to think a little ahead, maybe just a few short weeks and prep as best you can. IMO bank runs are likely soon with ATMs closed etc etc etc.

Most of the sovereign and central banks around the world are printing money from thin air throwing it at the markets in unprecedented levels. They are both lending it to institutions, such as banks, as interest bearing loans which have to be paid back by the shareholders. But they are also buying shares / equities themselves, direct from the markets in an attempt to stabilize the situation. These purchases are not loans, they are buying the shares of companies, so they will physically own a piece (perhaps a majority holding) of these companies, in the hope of selling them, at profit, in the future.

Perhaps more worrying is the money they are "lending" to governments / buying bonds etc. Again simply huge amounts being handed over to politicians to try and keep the ship from sinking. These are also interest bearing loans and it is us, the tax payers of today, our kids and grandchildren that are on the hook for this interest.

Have you ever asked yourself "why dont governments just print money for themselves, interest free"

In just a few months times, a select group of large banks will have majority shareholdings and interests in many companies and COUNTRIES. Future Governments, industries and taxpayers will owe them QUADRILLIONS for a very long time to come. Just when you think that WE (Gov, corporations and citizens) cannot take on anymore debt, we are all maxed out, guess what? Along comes a reason and method of racking up even more.

Its not supposed to work like that.
I was only talking to the wife about this, I didn't realise the figures involved were so large already. Thats more worrying for me that the virus.
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

When I was growing up the word "millions" was rarely heard, pools winners aside, and few could comprehend its relative value. Nowadays we hear "billions" on a daily basis but I still doubt that many can visualise its meaning in real terms. Its not unusual to now hear "trillions" being mentioned regularly and I suspect we will all get used to hearing "quadrillions" talked about some time soon.

Mind boggling numbers and inconceivable debt levels. :shock:
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
peejay

Post by peejay »

I've been watching the banks status (Barclays was down 18% yesterday alone!) wondering if it's worth drip-feeding some cash out...
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

peejay wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:07 pm I've been watching the banks status (Barclays was down 18% yesterday alone!) wondering if it's worth drip-feeding some cash out...
That's occurred to us as well . Certainly the money sitting in accounts is doing practically nothing so there would be no great loss if it were all withdrawn . Flip side there is that one could end up with a load of cash doing nothing at home. Drip feed it out and spend it on long life food if one can , become one of those evil selfish panic buyers :lol:
If you're a gambling man then use the money to buy those shares that are currently tanking. They'll probably drop a bit more yet but long term they'll more than likely go back up.