What Preps are you doing this week? Part 7.

How are you preparing
cbp125

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 7.

Post by cbp125 »

I'm off to the allotment soon, bit wet to do too much, but I'm setting up my polytunnel this week, which I am not looking forward to then I can plant my early pots. Yesterday I repotted my tomato plants, and sanded all my garden tools down to oil then with linseed/pine tar.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

I'm not very well today so having a recliner day - with a pile of old-style cookbooks. Going to do some menus that will make our stash stretch further and use everything in the best way. I think the Victorians and WW2 ladies knew a lot about hunger.
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

Staying happy and positive. :D
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Arwen Thebard wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 1:57 pm Staying happy and positive. :D
That sounds like a great idea...... Where can I buy a years supply, preferably dehydrated to save weight :lol:
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
jansman

Post by jansman »

Weather is crap, and will be tomorrow, so no fishing. However, I shall be putting suspended shelving in the tunnel tomorrow. Son in law works in a factory that makes military webbing and Kevlar products, so I have a lot of Kevlar strapping to hang the shelves. Free
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Medusa

Post by Medusa »

diamond lil wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:34 am I'm not very well today so having a recliner day - with a pile of old-style cookbooks. Going to do some menus that will make our stash stretch further and use everything in the best way. I think the Victorians and WW2 ladies knew a lot about hunger.
I would agree, which ones do you have please Diamond Lil. I bought Eating for Victory, healthy home cooking on war rations a while ago. I too did a bit of research and found Lord Woolton's pie, which sounded pretty good. I really wish that I had kept some of my Granny's old cookery books now. She was a great budget cook. Hope you feel better soon.
Growing old disgracefully!
Quill

Post by Quill »

Did the last big shop I'll be doing for a while, no real shortages of anything in the shops aside from soap/hand sanitiser and in Asda barely any bog roll. Up to about two weeks of food and a good supply of cleaning stuff.

One silver lining of this is that prepping is suddenly a lot more acceptable to sceptical relatives. Although I've not been calling it prepping, more "getting a few things in just incase".
jansman

Post by jansman »

Quill wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:38 pm Did the last big shop I'll be doing for a while, no real shortages of anything in the shops aside from soap/hand sanitiser and in Asda barely any bog roll. Up to about two weeks of food and a good supply of cleaning stuff.

One silver lining of this is that prepping is suddenly a lot more acceptable to sceptical relatives. Although I've not been calling it prepping, more "getting a few things in just incase".
As soon as this is over, it will take about 48 hours and Preppers will go back to being ‘Nutters’ .
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Quill

Post by Quill »

jansman wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:12 pm As soon as this is over, it will take about 48 hours and Preppers will go back to being ‘Nutters’ .
Oh yeah, almost certainly
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

jansman wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:12 pm
As soon as this is over, it will take about 48 hours and Preppers will go back to being ‘Nutters’ .
Until the next round of Brexit* panic anyway..... ;)

*Remember Brexit, that was the thing where we got our drama before the Corona virus came along.