Hello from the North East

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
FreakyCircle

Hello from the North East

Post by FreakyCircle »

Hi everyone,

Just stumbled upon the forum while looking at supplies for an emergency bug out bag, and wanted to join up. It's nice to see so many others here in the UK who see prepping as something sensible, rather than us being stereotyped as paranoid.

I'm Tom, a married guy from Newcastle Upon Tyne. My wife and I are in the process of beginning to put our kits together and plans in place, so any advice would be hugely appreciated.

Looking forward to getting to know you all better! :)
Never be afraid to seem ridiculous.
hobo

Re: Hello from the North East

Post by hobo »

Welcome Tom. Get stuck in!
MaxPrep

Post by MaxPrep »

Hi Tom.

Hope you're having a good day mate. I'm MaxPrep living in London... :|
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Welcome to the forum Tom, have a nose around the forum, there's some pretty useful stuff going back years.... Hopefully some of it will be useful to you.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome, Tom :) there's a lot of useful info here, so take your time to check things out, is my advice. Also a query: why begin with bug out bags? Several people who've joined recently have mentioned that as their first step, and its interesting to know why, thats all. If thats your first step, though, knowing where you're bugging out *to* is crucial. Bugging out certainly plays its part in some situations, for sure. Good luck with it all.
FreakyCircle

Post by FreakyCircle »

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Nice to see active members who no doubt know a lot more about this than I do, I'm hoping to take advantage of that knowledge but I'll do my best to not be a pain! :D
Never be afraid to seem ridiculous.
Prep007

Post by Prep007 »

Hi Tom, welcome! I lived up in the North East myself for a couple of years a few years back, great part of the country!
bobble

Post by bobble »

Hi Mr and Mrs Freaky Circle,
We found it's a good site, helpful members, lots of info and uk based! Welcome 🙂
izzy_mack

Post by izzy_mack »

Welcome to the forum hope you find all you want here, lots of knowledgable and helpful members here willing to help.