UK running short of surgical and dust masks.

How are you preparing
Quill

Re: UK running short of surgical and dust masks.

Post by Quill »

jansman wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:25 pm Anyone ever wondered why SARS, Swine flu,and this one,oh yes,HN51,seem to all come out of China?
China has a lot of people, it's well-connected globally and the healthcare network isn't first class. It's probably a blessing that these diseases appear in China rather than somewhere like India or Indonesia because there is no way the state there could successfully take drastic measures like quarantining entire regions, and they're far less developed than China is so any potential pandemic that makes it to major transport networks in those countries will be a lot harder to contain and kill far more people.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Plymtom wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:00 pm :tinfoil Territory ; Once or twice whilst having alcohol fueled debates I had suggested that with population being an issue, it would not surprise me if some countries were working on flu like things as almost an ethnic cleansing thing, or thinning the population in general, like I said alcohol fueled..... for it to be a serious consideration the thing would have to be striking one area or group of people either only or harder, as we all must be aware China has a large population of humans and by association animals that they eat, often in conditions which can be said to play into the hands of a virus?
Being cynical, you'd think they'd target the virus though, get some of those oldies off the pension bill while saving the young to fight and reproduce. While this one seems target the 'weak' I'm not convinced its a population control although the planet would benefit from a cull.
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

Makes a good conspiracy though and :tinfoil all the deaths have been in china...
Can't help thinking that the one child policy worked an awful lot better and didn't do as much harm to the economy .
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

grenfell wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:11 am Makes a good conspiracy though and :tinfoil all the deaths have been in china...
Can't help thinking that the one child policy worked an awful lot better and didn't do as much harm to the economy .
:lol:
That policy should be rolled out across the world. Ain't gonna happen unfortunately, more babies mean more workers and soldiers to spread the word of the chosen faith/politics. :(
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

Deeps wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:32 pm
Plymtom wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:00 pm :tinfoil Territory ; Once or twice whilst having alcohol fueled debates I had suggested that with population being an issue, it would not surprise me if some countries were working on flu like things as almost an ethnic cleansing thing, or thinning the population in general, like I said alcohol fueled..... for it to be a serious consideration the thing would have to be striking one area or group of people either only or harder, as we all must be aware China has a large population of humans and by association animals that they eat, often in conditions which can be said to play into the hands of a virus?
Being cynical, you'd think they'd target the virus though, get some of those oldies off the pension bill while saving the young to fight and reproduce. While this one seems target the 'weak' I'm not convinced its a population control although the planet would benefit from a cull.
The thing is after a few drinks once you've entertained the thought, it becomes harder to imagine that some if not a fair few nations aren't at it. :lol:
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

To be fair i can associate with that . Going back a bit but i can remember friends and myself being convinced that the aids epidemic was a result of some sort of biological warfare accident . The official line at the time was that it originated in green monkeys and of course it was sexually transmitted and it didn't take much falling down water for that to sound comp!etely made up.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

grenfell wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:15 pm To be fair i can associate with that . Going back a bit but i can remember friends and myself being convinced that the aids epidemic was a result of some sort of biological warfare accident . The official line at the time was that it originated in green monkeys and of course it was sexually transmitted and it didn't take much falling down water for that to sound comp!etely made up.
You've taken me down a stroll along memory lane that is a bit painful. At the time there were all sorts of stories about how AIDS got started and I was happy to buy into a lot of it, it pandered to my personal prejudices at the time. While I've grown out of mine these situations can pander to others prejudices. Some people are quick to point a finger at 'them', whoever 'them' or 'they' might be. As a race we're far too quick to do it.
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

Apologies for dragging up the past. I mentioned earlier that there were rumours of racism towards chinese people and communities and whether that is or not it could be percieved that way and no doubt it gives some an excuse.
Going back to the current problems i was listening to the radio yesterday and they were talking about precautions to take . Handwashing was mentioned and also the use of gloves to avoid touching potentially contaminated areas all of which i think we already know. They went on to talk of social contact. Hand shaking is a very common greeting and one that is being replaced in some areas by elbow bumping which i had to admit was a new one to me although if wikipedia is to be be!ieved it's been around for some time
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elbow_bump
One "good" thing is that people being cautious of this corona virus is that the precautions people are taking will serve to protect us from other dieseases
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

"The thing is after a few drinks once you've entertained the thought, it becomes harder to imagine that some if not a fair few nations aren't at it."

Perhaps there are several nations colluding ? Gives a perfect cover story for an economic collapse. :tinfoil :tinfoil :tinfoil :tinfoil
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

Does it make a good cover story? It might distract the headlines for a while. Politicians are pretty much the same whatever hue they are or from whatever country they all want to see BAU and don't want to be remembered as the ones at the wheel when everything goes tits up. Closing down cities , airports and trade is only going to exasperate an economic collapse and put the blame on those politicians who instigate such actions. Probably spending money on big projects like high speed trains and huge bridges would make a better cover story?