latest purchase

How are you preparing
grenfell

Re: latest purchase

Post by grenfell »

Ah that's what I was thinking you meant but was getting "misdirected" as I couldn't see anything like it on the ikea site.
Nurseandy

Post by Nurseandy »

Deeps wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:22 pm
old age prepper 70 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:58 pm
In a similar vein you have the homemade 'can stoves' although I've always viewed these as a good to know how rather than a 'go to'.

Agree about the tin can stoves, though I do now insist on only getting golden syrup from lidls and not tescos because its in lovely retro cans in Lidls!
richardivryn

Post by richardivryn »

Deeps wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:58 am Image

I've got plenty alternatives so I've not got round to it yet although I'll have a play eventually, they look fun.
I picked one up in home bargains and it works a treat, will defiantly be getting another to keep in the van for when I decide to bugger off out when the Mrs is cleaning.
Area 12
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

richardivryn wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:39 pm
I picked one up in home bargains and it works a treat, will defiantly be getting another to keep in the van for when I decide to bugger off out when the Mrs is cleaning.
Glad it went well for you mate. If you're keeping it in a van are you keeping wood as fuel for it too ??

I'm big into my meths pots at the moment (I go through phases being a bit of a stove slut), I've various stands and windshields and being alcohol it doesn't freeze. For a van or a rucksack its a great alternative.
richardivryn

Post by richardivryn »

I do keep a small amount of wood in the van but I also have a bottle of meths, not that I have a meth stove anymore, accidentally drove over it.
Area 12
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Whoops, sorry to hear it Richard. A quick look on ebay shows these.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alcohol-Meth ... SwfRtcZoxN

You can drop something like this on top.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alcohol-Stov ... Sw~plc3Rr9

Although if you're using a larger pot I'd get something a bit wider.
richardivryn

Post by richardivryn »

Deeps wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:00 am Whoops, sorry to hear it Richard. A quick look on ebay shows these.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alcohol-Meth ... SwfRtcZoxN

You can drop something like this on top.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alcohol-Stov ... Sw~plc3Rr9

Although if you're using a larger pot I'd get something a bit wider.
just ordered both items, thank you Deeps.
Area 12
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

richardivryn wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:43 pm
just ordered both items, thank you Deeps.
No probs mate, I didn't check Amazon, I usually have a nose around a few places before 'pulling the trigger'. Now you just need some alcohol and maybe some kind of wind shield and you're good to go. While you 'can' light them with a ferro rod, I prefer something a bit more sophisticated like a jet lighter but pretty much everything in between will work too. They really are brilliant wee set ups, leave it a minute before putting a pot on top to let the flames jet out the wee holes and it will work better, it doesn't matter too much though, they're quite forgiving.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Deeps wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:24 pmI'm big into my meths pots at the moment (I go through phases being a bit of a stove slut), I've various stands and windshields and being alcohol it doesn't freeze. For a van or a rucksack its a great alternative.
My name is Arzosah and I'm a stove slut :lol:
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Arzosah wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:27 am My name is Arzosah and I'm a stove slut :lol:
I feel ya sista...