Brexit in October?

How are you preparing
jansman

Re: Brexit in October?

Post by jansman »

The whole of parliament should be sacked.They need to be in the real world and do productive jobs instead of being paid stupid money from my hard earned wages to talk boll###s.Northern Ireland is being run by civil servants,and in the background,so are we,so nobody will miss the parasites.The sun will come up and we will all get to work tomorrow,life will go on.The cartoon characters in London will keep squabbling,and will do so for years to come.And this WILL roll on.Its not worth wasting breath on,so we need to ignore it.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
izzy_mack

Post by izzy_mack »

Just get on with it! If this was a divorce between a couple, Europe being Mr. and we're Mrs I would be saying, you're doing the right thing, look how he's behaving, his attitude tells me this divorce is right. Sure you'll be worse off for a while and things will be tougher - have you ever known a divorce that wasn't? Then again a while down the line how many have said, that was hell but I'm glad I did it , should have done it long ago.

Then again if we stay in how will we be treated next negotiation, no you can't have what you want, if you don't like it - leave. (hysterical laughter)
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

So they are finally going to vote on Boris's version of the leave bill today...... sometime this afternoon...... or this evening..... if the speaker allows it.......unless there are last minute emergency measures passed beforehand to stop a vote...........or maybe nothing will happen....... again.......and again....and again.....

Just switched off the telly and radio. :(
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
preppergb

Post by preppergb »

Arwen, do not hold your breath, these people of all parties have nothing but contempt for Democracy.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

preppergb wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:54 pm Arwen, do not hold your breath, these people of all parties have nothing but contempt for Democracy.
I'll be very surprised if they actually have a vote on it today, far too many individuals wanting to get THEIR way than just getting on with it. :cry:

Democracy is seeming an afterthought, its all about sticking it to the 'other lot' and getting power. I've used the analogy before but it does seem very 'Nero fiddling while Rome burns'.

All we can do is sit back, open the popcorn and enjoy the show.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

You're right Deeps, that's what is going on. Time we got rid of the whole lot of them :evil:
preppergb

Post by preppergb »

One aspect of the total abuse of parliament to thwart the Brexit referendum result is that it will be nigh on impossible for the Scots to vote to leave the Uk if they choose to. All the deciets, lies and obfuscations used by the Remain lobby mean that just about every future Referendum will have no actual real value.

As parliament has already ruled any future referendum the questions must be much more specific, so LEAVE and REMAIN would no longer be valid, Also the remainers efforts to ensure future referedums must vote at least 66% or 2/3 to be acceptable. Basically they have trashed our entire democratic system for personal dshort term gain. I doubt even Ulster could run a referendum to leave the UK could pass the obsticles set by these undemocratic elitists.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

preppergb wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:09 pm One aspect of the total abuse of parliament to thwart the Brexit referendum result is that it will be nigh on impossible for the Scots to vote to leave the Uk if they choose to. All the deciets, lies and obfuscations used by the Remain lobby mean that just about every future Referendum will have no actual real value.

As parliament has already ruled any future referendum the questions must be much more specific, so LEAVE and REMAIN would no longer be valid, Also the remainers efforts to ensure future referedums must vote at least 66% or 2/3 to be acceptable. Basically they have trashed our entire democratic system for personal dshort term gain. I doubt even Ulster could run a referendum to leave the UK could pass the obsticles set by these undemocratic elitists.
Not sure where you're getting that mate, I've not seen anyone in any sort of 'power' asking for that. Even if they did, it doesn't mean it will happen. Have you got a link ???

As for the Scottish Indy stuff, if (and that's a big IF) there is a referendum in Scotland then I assume you're a fan of two wrongs making a right then (assuming your 66 percent logic) ?
jansman

Post by jansman »

we need to stay factual. Thanks Deeps. Let’s stay on course please.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Quote of the week from Twitter today :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

At this rate, the food everyone has been stockpiling will be out of date by the time Brexit fecking happens