Brexit in October?

How are you preparing
Stonecarver

Re: Brexit in October?

Post by Stonecarver »

jansman wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:52 pm Totally agree.

But , you know what? To quote the great Baz Lurman, “ The real problems are the ones that blindside you on a lazy Tuesday afternoon.”

In my case , my dear wife’s cancer. That shit polarises your mind. The cast of the Beano that run this country needs a reality check. They also need to be in the real world that the rest of us live in.

Rant over.
Personal shtf indeed Jansman. Best of luck with treatment for your wife
Not worried about powering the whole house,just eating hot food,getting a brew,seeing through the dark,and staying warm.
Jansman
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

But , you know what? To quote the great Baz Lurman, “ The real problems are the ones that blindside you on a lazy Tuesday afternoon.”

In my case , my dear wife’s cancer. That shit polarises your mind. The cast of the Beano that run this country needs a reality check. They also need to be in the real world that the rest of us live in.

Rant over.
I wish you and your wife all the luck getting through this :( I was lucky with Leukemia one tablet a day and a couple of bone marrow samples, I've been undetectable for a year or two now, there's a way to go with many cancers still, but the advances have improved odds, I hope Mrs Jansman's odds are good ;)
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Plymtom wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:26 am

Rant over.
I wish you and your wife all the luck getting through this :( I was lucky with Leukemia one tablet a day and a couple of bone marrow samples, I've been undetectable for a year or two now, there's a way to go with many cancers still, but the advances have improved odds, I hope Mrs Jansman's odds are good ;)
I am so glad for you.The worry and stress of it is awful.It seems ( not always though) that it is becoming like AIDS did.You live with it.Mrs J has good odds by the look of it.

Pulling this back on track,( my fault!), There is worry that certain medicine could be disrupted if we have No Deal.Amongst them,cancer treatments.I know that concerned Mrs.J,and she was so glad for early intervention. I REALLY hope it does not come to that,because the individual stress of cancer victims is immeasurable.That is just one issue,but massive if it affects you.The Little Englanders dont get that.

Looking at the news today,its anyone's guess what the outcome will be.It seems that the cast of Whacky Races is back to 'work' today. The nation would hear more sense in a primary school playground.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

"The nation would hear more sense in a primary school playground." :lol:

I heard someone describe the current situation as "political and economic insanity" which sums it up nicely to me.
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

I'm with the rest of you guys about how insane all this is ... I'm still looking at the live feed from the Guardian about what's happening blow by blow, I can't quite believe the level of insanity. Good point about no one actually wanting to deal with it. I do wonder what it means for the longer term ...

Oof, the start of some political meanderings deleted there! Not going there :(
PreppingPingu

Post by PreppingPingu »

Well there's a headline that caught my eye! "Prepare for growing your own after Brexit"

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/lifestyle/hom ... spartandhp
"Today is the tomorrow that you worrried about yesterday" - unknown
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast" - Red Dwarf
(Area 3)
@TRider

Post by @TRider »

I noticed as we did the weekly shop today that folks seem to be stocking up on basics. The number of bumper bags of loo roll visible at checkouts was significant. I also noticed that items like Ibuprofen and cotton buds were in short supply. It seems to me that the realities of a no deal are sinking in and people are preparing accordingly! :|
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

I found a cheap fortnight's holiday, and went off to forn parts at 5 days notice - it was blissful not to be surrounded by the B word, although a couple of sets of people we met asked us what on earth was going on with the UK. I could legitimately say I had no idea :mrgreen:
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

So much for Super Saturday. Clear as mud now then. :lol:

Its like watching a really bad amateur dramatics play, where you cant get up and leave. :roll:
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Arwen Thebard wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:16 pm So much for Super Saturday. Clear as mud now then. :lol:

Its like watching a really bad amateur dramatics play, where you cant get up and leave. :roll:
Its a pantomime Arwen, has been for a long time. Parliament has disappeared up their collective backsides. It doesn't matter which of the many sides you now see yourself, from the simple starting point of a majority of the public voting for it and then parliament voting to make it happen, they've done a grand job of um.... While we're officially a Parliamentary democracy, that's not how they sell it to us and given that after us prols had our say they ratified it in parliament, they've had over 3 years to come up with some collective 'best way forward'.

Personally I think all of them have been happy to take advantage all the way through the process for their own personal/political gain and are so far removed from us scrotes. I've said it before but I'm not hopeful but I just hope that we get some kind of political reform out of the whole process that is/was/will be Brexit.