New member mid Wales

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Thewelp73

New member mid Wales

Post by Thewelp73 »

Good morning. Only joined today and found you with a google search “prepers U.K.”
I’m ex British Army and have been interested in bushcraft since my childhood. I Like my shooting and vermin control but prefer it when I can eat my quarry.
Arzosah

Re: New member mid Wales

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome to the forum! Fascinated by the eating of the quarry - I guess that could be anything from rabbiting to fishing ... any venison round you? And do you cook it at home or out on the moors? Just wondering, feel free to not be specific :)
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Welcome to the forum mate.
Thewelp73

Post by Thewelp73 »

Arzosah wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:59 am Welcome to the forum! Fascinated by the eating of the quarry - I guess that could be anything from rabbiting to fishing ... any venison round you? And do you cook it at home or out on the moors? Just wondering, feel free to not be specific :)
Hi there, I usually would prep my rabbits back home as if I get a few it is easier done in the kitchen at home. If more than a couple I freeze or the Local village pub and town butcher always like them ( he pays me with steak). Pigeons I do the same with. Fish I eat on the day usually. I have an ex army mate down south that has a farm and they have Munjac so heading down there at some point to fill the space in the big freezer.