Bunker. Norfolk. £25k

Homes and Retreats
korolev

Bunker. Norfolk. £25k

Post by korolev »

http://uniquepropertybulletin.org/ukwmo ... nd-bunker/

Looks like a nice one.

Having just retired and collared a decent lump sum off the pension, I would buy this if it were near to me.
Arzosah

Re: Bunker. Norfolk. £25k

Post by Arzosah »

I can't help ogling that :lol: and what a fantastic website! Thanks for the linkie.
jeffleft

Post by jeffleft »

Great for a buggin out stash! It needs some foliage around it?
The world garnered your chance existence, the most you can expect is your next breath and the most you can truly want is a peaceful passing
Stonecarver

Post by Stonecarver »

Have never understood why anyone would want a big hole in the ground.
Can you imagine after shtf there are 10000 people parked above your head all around your entrance. Will do your head in wondering when they will find a way in. After all they have nothing better to do than talk about how to get at all your preps ..and you..down there.
Get a bunker that is at least a LITTLE difficult to get to.
Not worried about powering the whole house,just eating hot food,getting a brew,seeing through the dark,and staying warm.
Jansman
jansman

Post by jansman »

Stonecarver wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:36 pm Have never understood why anyone would want a big hole in the ground.
Can you imagine after shtf there are 10000 people parked above your head all around your entrance. Will do your head in wondering when they will find a way in. After all they have nothing better to do than talk about how to get at all your preps ..and you..down there.
I quite agree.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
korolev

Post by korolev »

Stonecarver wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:36 pm Have never understood why anyone would want a big hole in the ground.
How many people do you know that know about ROC posts ?

Most people have never hard of them and wouldn't know where to find them or if they are habitable.

Plant a few bushes/shrubs around the entrance/vent and they are pretty much invisible; I cannot see a hungry mob turning up with kangos to try and get in on the off chance that theres a few tins of beans down there.
Panther

Post by Panther »

If a ROC bunker is your idea of having a safe, secure BOL then great. Having previously lived in Brundall for ten years I can confirm it and nearby Strumpshaw are pleasant places to live; also the bunker price seems very reasonable to me (not that I can afford it!)
However the thought of voluntarily burying myself into a hole in the ground doesn't really appeal :shock: I would feel trapped and completely unable to respond to any threats from anyone above ground. Maybe my imagination is taking over from rational thought but; isn't there the possibility that someone could seal the entrance from outside or maybe block up the air vents. Or maybe they'd pour flammable liquid down the vents and set it alight. (have I been watching too many James Bond type films?!)
No, an old ROC station is not for me, I'd rather take my chances above ground, whatever the situation, whatever the threat. 8-)
There may be trouble ahead
But while there's moonlight and music
And love and romance
Let's face the music and dance
Stonecarver

Post by Stonecarver »

Exactly Panther. Get a mountain hideout if you really want one.
Not worried about powering the whole house,just eating hot food,getting a brew,seeing through the dark,and staying warm.
Jansman
korolev

Post by korolev »

Stonecarver wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:40 pm Exactly Panther. Get a mountain hideout if you really want one.
You wont get much of a mountain hideout in Norfolk, the highest point is only 103 m
jansman

Post by jansman »

It's what floats the individual boat.I never ' got' why preppers want to bug out "to the woods".But for those who do,that's fine.My brother ' bugged out' a year or ten back. He lives an off grid life ( in more than one sense ;) ) on a New Age Traveller site. Not my way,but he is as happy as a pig in shite.

My brother and I actually own an island on the river.We inherited it from our rather delinquent Grandfather,who won it in a card game back in the 60's,where legend has it,lasted two days! There is a single brick ' cabin' there,that has a fireplace,and it measures 40' x 12'.We have water catchment,and a solar panel / leisure batteries.There is a ' garden' at the end where there are no trees,which I have covered with heavy black plastic.All the usual prepper stuff.However,the Bro' got fed up with living in a such a secluded place on his narrowboat moored there.The only way in and out is by outboard dinghy.

I suppose it could be a bug out location,I keeped it stocked as such, but it is more of a fishing ' weekender'.I would sooner be in my house!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.