Brexit in October?

How are you preparing
Arwen Thebard

Re: Brexit in October?

Post by Arwen Thebard »

Its a choice between living with a kitten or rabid dog. Guess which Im choosing. :lol:
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Men! :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I confess, I'm a kitten. Except when I'm a rabid dog :mrgreen:
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

Arwen Thebard wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:24 am I saw an item on MSM (BBC?) yesterday saying that HRT meds are going to be in short supply due to Brexit:shock: :shock: :shock:

Please God no! Anything but that. Mrs A off her HRT meds puts my prepping into a whole new catagory. Need to rethink everything.

(Just kiddin though, shes really not that bad and she has authorized this post) :lol:
This shortage of HRT medication seems to have been going on for some time. I posted a while ago that my sister in law was having trouble getting her regular tab!ets and was having to look at alternatives ( including one that came in patch form) . There have been shortages in the past and that was put down to manufacturing and supply problems and while i'm not saying it won't cause potential problems brexit does seem to have become a convenient foil to blame pretty much anything on.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

If there's a genuine shortage of HRT meds, no matter the cause, thats a problem - it's not life threatening, except in very rare situations (distraction causing an RTA etc) but quality of life, and contribution to a family's efforts, are severely compromised. But yes, I don't know anything about it being down to Brexit or anything else.
jansman

Post by jansman »

It’s difficult to get an appointment with the doctor ( two week lead time here!) That’s not down to Brexit, so I would say neither is the HRT issue.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Panther

Post by Panther »

jansman wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:00 pm It’s difficult to get an appointment with the doctor ( two week lead time here!) That’s not down to Brexit, so I would say neither is the HRT issue.
Whatever goes wrong anywhere in the country during the next few months; sorry, amend that to the next few years, it will be "because of Brexit!" :x
Of course if anything goes right it will be "despite Brexit!" ;)
There may be trouble ahead
But while there's moonlight and music
And love and romance
Let's face the music and dance
jansman

Post by jansman »

Panther wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:08 pm
jansman wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:00 pm It’s difficult to get an appointment with the doctor ( two week lead time here!) That’s not down to Brexit, so I would say neither is the HRT issue.
Whatever goes wrong anywhere in the country during the next few months; sorry, amend that to the next few years, it will be "because of Brexit!" :x
For saying all that,I was called into a meeting ( on a day off!) to discuss No Deal Planning.We did this at the beginning of the year.Now it does look like Bozo ( intended) will be crashing us out,and dreaming of taking us back to the time when the sun never set on the British Empire :lol:

Anyhow,the Boss has had builders in overnight to pour a concrete base at the top of the carpark to put in an uber freezer.It will have a back up motor too.If our restaurant cannot supply meals at a fair price,then it is game over.He told us that as a limited company,and with planning permission for houses on- site
If Brexit caused cashflow problems/ poor business/supply problems/etc. then he will simply liquidate the business! So in my little world,a No Deal could mean job loss.Don't the pro Brexit folks say that won't happen?

Robert Frost.

Me.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Oh drat, jansman :( sorry to hear that. They seem to be signalling as hard as they can that its all a political pose for the purposes of negotiating with the EU, but all that means to me is that we can't believe a word that anybody says about anything :( I'm going to stop there, I'll be breaking the political rules :(
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Panther wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:08 pm
Yup, plenty people willing to tweak things in their favour and blame someone/thing else.
jansman wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:17 pm
For saying all that,I was called into a meeting ( on a day off!) to discuss No Deal Planning.We did this at the beginning of the year.Now it does look like Bozo ( intended) will be crashing us out,and dreaming of taking us back to the time when the sun never set on the British Empire :lol:

Anyhow,the Boss has had builders in overnight to pour a concrete base at the top of the carpark to put in an uber freezer.It will have a back up motor too.If our restaurant cannot supply meals at a fair price,then it is game over.He told us that as a limited company,and with planning permission for houses on- site
If Brexit caused cashflow problems/ poor business/supply problems/etc. then he will simply liquidate the business! So in my little world,a No Deal could mean job loss.Don't the pro Brexit folks say that won't happen?
Good luck Jansman, hope it goes according to the bosses plan. BoJo is playing the ballsy 'Trump game' and while it can work, its an all or nothing approach. Fine if you're already a millionaire I guess but not so good for the little man (or woman) and for me this is the problem with it, if you're 'made' already then life will more or less go on, aye, the portfolio might take a bit of a hit but in the long run you're golden. For those further down the ladder (both those trying to work their way up AND those scrabbling round the bottom) there's more of an impact. The 'big picture' or 'long term approach' is fine when its not going to impact your life.

I'm not going to get into the politics and rights and wrongs, just commenting on the approach to it, very high risk, if his approach does manage to squeeze more out of the EU then for the vast majority it won't make much difference (as I understand it) but if it doesn't work then.....

jansman

Post by jansman »

Arzosah wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:25 pm Oh drat, jansman :( sorry to hear that. They seem to be signalling as hard as they can that its all a political pose for the purposes of negotiating with the EU, but all that means to me is that we can't believe a word that anybody says about anything :( I'm going to stop there, I'll be breaking the political rules :(
No politics Arzosah.It will be what it is.If push comes to shove,I can easily get work at a local pork product factory,even if it is just survival money.

Robert Frost.

Me.