What Preps are you doing this week? Part 6.

How are you preparing
jansman

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 6.

Post by jansman »

I have a 20g in the cabinet Arwen. Have not used it in a long, long time, but I agree that it is a useful calibre. Might dust it off...
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
General DeGaulle

Post by General DeGaulle »

Yep, mine is a .410. Very useful for small stuff and varmints, and reliable. An Italian made 'falco'.
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

Just finished harvesting this years spuds. It's the first time I've used only bags and tubs to grow them and I shall NOT be going back to traditional methods. Growing spuds in bags / buckets is easier to water, maintain and harvest, with no apparent difference in size or quantity. Should have done it years ago......no more aching back for a start. :D
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
jansman

Post by jansman »

Arwen Thebard wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:37 pm Just finished harvesting this years spuds. It's the first time I've used only bags and tubs to grow them and I shall NOT be going back to traditional methods. Growing spuds in bags / buckets is easier to water, maintain and harvest, with no apparent difference in size or quantity. Should have done it years ago......no more aching back for a start. :D
I always grow new spuds in 12" pots( very well).My maincrop though,in the ground. The variety I am growing ( Stemster?) A red ,is looking good.I picked it for it's drought resistance.Another six weeks yet I reckon.

Robert Frost.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Stonecarver wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:52 pm Have you tried the smoke hoods? Do they restrict your vision and hearing much. Plus how easy are they to put on?
Yes they restrict your vision a bit (but you can wear glasses under, if you've ever BBQed and got smoke in your eyes the restriction in vision in better than no vision,

Don't really affect hearing

They go over the head once plugs are pulled out and single headband pulled tight ..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nC9-MlH3ki0
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
jansman

Post by jansman »

I took advantage of the heat today and re- waxed my two fishing jackets. They look great now. Ready for Winter. Been and checked on the in- laws too , and took them another electric fan.

Robert Frost.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

jansman wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:44 pm I took advantage of the heat today and re- waxed my two fishing jackets. They look great now. Ready for Winter. Been and checked on the in- laws too , and took them another electric fan.
Had to laugh at some of the comments at work today as I took my 18" drum fan and had it blowing on me most of the day... Bosses golden boy brown noser etc...

Funny jealous looks when I said it was mine.....

Mad Scientist

Post by Mad Scientist »

Getting all four tyres replaced on my faithful old car. I’m also saving water and starting a small vegetable and herbal medicine garden.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Kipping OUTSIDE the Summerhouse tonight. Mrs J INSIDE because of the bats 🦇 :D The in-laws have taken advice to actually open windows and doors, switch on the fans, AND turned the heating off!!!!!!!

Robert Frost.

Me.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Well Mrs Andy received a phone call yesterday from the fire service saying they were coming on a "compulsory" home visit...... Hmmmm it's almost a year from the electric chip Pan going up.. she's visited the fire station and it's genuine apparently they should have done one last year dispite on the night the white hat saying we won't need one...... And they will fit extra smoke alarms apparently (hmmm so that will be 2 per room then......)

I expect to be told not to do everything that I would do....... And have been trained to do.....

Guessing it's going to be one of the jobsworths I met the other week which fills me with the options of

a) be a argumentative git
b) nod in the right places and he will p155 off rapidly...

http://www.uk-preppers.co.uk/forum/view ... 30#p186562

Be fun if he gets to my shed... Generator, petrol tools, 3x gas bottles, tumble drier... 6kg powder extinguisher and 2kg CO2 just incase...

Or the paddy when he sees candles and the bio ethanol fireplace....

I can't wait hopefully they will come while I'm at work.....

Been a council house I'm going to bring up the habitable room window do not comply with building regs (old house grandfather rights unless replaced) and the outside thermal cladding (aka mini greenfell) and the old plastic fuse box which are now illegal to fit as par the 18th addition. But "ok" in existing installations... Must be metal just to see what he says after all the council tax goes the fire services way. ..