Brexit in October?

How are you preparing
Arzosah

Re: Brexit in October?

Post by Arzosah »

That's what I've reached - zombies or solar EMPs or even Cumbre Vieja come to that - they make really good fiction, and the latter two may even happen, but I agree with grenfell - the long slow crash is happening now, and my attitude to preps and prepping has changed as a result of that conclusion.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

I suppose its a bit saddening that we're all so accepting of what we're going to get, whatever it is. Its a pity we can't run a poll on here to see what we all thinks how it will pan out.

I still think the UK is a big enough entity to weather the worst of things although as ever those at the bottom of the heap will bear the biggest brunt in the short term.
Plymtom

Post by Plymtom »

Deeps wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:09 pm I suppose its a bit saddening that we're all so accepting of what we're going to get, whatever it is. Its a pity we can't run a poll on here to see what we all thinks how it will pan out.
It's going to be shite, what flavour is not exactly clear :roll:
Deeps wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:09 pm although as ever those at the bottom of the heap will bear the biggest brunt in the short term.
I'd modify that to, those at the bottom of the heap will continue bear the biggest brunt as they have for the previous decade, centuries ago the French found a temporary solution ;)
I have a strategy, it's not written in stone, nor can it be, this scenario has too many variables, everything about it depends on those variables, being specific is not possible.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Deeps wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:09 pmI suppose its a bit saddening that we're all so accepting of what we're going to get, whatever it is. Its a pity we can't run a poll on here to see what we all thinks how it will pan out.
I've been the whole political route in years past, fighting for what I believed in. Some exceptional voices *do* get heard. Mostly, entrenched interest from those in power ensures that power mostly stays exactly where it is. With my fairly limited physical energy, the best I can do these days is try to make sure I'm not one of the people that need looking after.
I still think the UK is a big enough entity to weather the worst of things although as ever those at the bottom of the heap will bear the biggest brunt in the short term.
I agree, the UK will weather the worst of things, there'll be plenty of other countries a lot worse off than us, and the people at the "bottom of the heap" in the UK will have it much worse than most of us in the middle of the pile experience.
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

So many "other" global scale events (Take your pick from a long list) seem to have come forward since the 2016 Brexit vote, yet we keep getting the same old MSM rubbish fed to us everyday in the UK. What if one or more of these "other" events take hold? Would that be a sufficient excuse to delay or cancel Brexit?

No great changes being made to our preps here in the meantime, apart from having a bit more cash and petrol around and the Mason jars at the ready in case we need to pull the harvest in early.

Roll on Halloween. :D
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Arwen Thebard wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:38 pm Would that be a sufficient excuse to delay or cancel Brexit?
It would have to be a pretty big deal to delay or cancel Brexit. I didn't want it but the people voted for it. Democracy is quite a big deal for me.
Stonecarver

Post by Stonecarver »

IMG_20190707_052601.jpg
Not worried about powering the whole house,just eating hot food,getting a brew,seeing through the dark,and staying warm.
Jansman
Stonecarver

Post by Stonecarver »

My view
My view
Not worried about powering the whole house,just eating hot food,getting a brew,seeing through the dark,and staying warm.
Jansman
jansman

Post by jansman »

Like ^^^^^ :lol:
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

Arzosah wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:33 am
Deeps wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:09 pmI suppose its a bit saddening that we're all so accepting of what we're going to get, whatever it is. Its a pity we can't run a poll on here to see what we all thinks how it will pan out.
I've been the whole political route in years past, fighting for what I believed in. Some exceptional voices *do* get heard. Mostly, entrenched interest from those in power ensures that power mostly stays exactly where it is. With my fairly limited physical energy, the best I can do these days is try to make sure I'm not one of the people that need looking after.
I know what deeps means. I would say that as one gets older one tends to get more cynical and more accepting of the nature of things. When I was 21 ish I was certainly more hopeful and positive that the world could be changed for the better but a few decades later that youthful optimism has gone to a degree ( replaced by reality maybe?) . Not to say I'm not still optimistic but "plus ca change" and all that. Do what I can and don't worry about what I can't.