20 litre Storage Buckets. Cheap but good.

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Arwen Thebard

20 litre Storage Buckets. Cheap but good.

Post by Arwen Thebard »

Just had some of these storage buckets delivered and they are better than expected. Needed very little cleaning and all are in great, like new, condition. Bought ten this time (via Ebay) as a trial so paid £3 each, will be ordering more next time. All lids snapped tight and held water tight when turned upside down. Handles nice and strong, carried a full water load without issue. Only been used once prior, to deliver natural yogurt, so food safe / grade quality.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20L-KG-Food- ... 2749.l2649
Attachments
White Storage Bucket.jpg
White Storage Bucket.jpg (12.27 KiB) Viewed 2942 times
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
jansman

Re: 20 litre Storage Buckets. Cheap but good.

Post by jansman »

Wow! I need to start snagging the ones from the bakery at work! I bet we chuck 20 a week out. At 3 quid a pop , it’s worth doing. :D
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Stonecarver

Post by Stonecarver »

Not worried about powering the whole house,just eating hot food,getting a brew,seeing through the dark,and staying warm.
Jansman
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Good find Arwen, I'm in the process of moving stuff around and looking for new storage. These weren't what I had in mind but the price can't be argued with.
jennyjj01

Post by jennyjj01 »

Good price, depending on what they charge for shipping. Handy for my brewery, though I wouldn't be able to lift a full one.

I was amused by the note... "Please note, there are 210 buckets on a pallet", that might be a clue as to how they might process an order for one.

[edit] Hmmmm Hyde. I could do Hyde.

"Despatched within 3-7 working days (Subject to stock availability). All carriage goes by courier next working day from date of despatch (not order date).

Order Weight Shipping
United Kingdom (Excluding Island & Highlands) 1 kg £4.60
1.5 kg £4.95
2 kg £5.03
2.5 kg £6.10
3 kg £6.50
4 kg £6.95
5 kg £7.95
10 kg £9.85"

So.... still not bad at all.
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

jansman wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:36 pm Wow! I need to start snagging the ones from the bakery at work! I bet we chuck 20 a week out. At 3 quid a pop , it’s worth doing. :D
20 a week! A good find if you can snag them Jansman.

20 used buckets from my supplier would work out at £2.55 each, including delivery, so still worth the effort if you are getting them for free. (Maybe even find some customers on this site) :lol:

I really wanted 25 litre size for brewing beer, but just have to spread the amber nectar out across two buckets instead. 8-)
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
peejay

Post by peejay »

I've often looked out for the 5gal buckets so popular in the US but never really find any (they tend to have useful lid options) but would certainly be interested in getting something like these. Would love to know if the 5gal lids are compatible
jansman

Post by jansman »

Go to any hotel , restaurant, cafe and ask about buckets. EVERYTHING comes in them. To us they are nuisance waste! We have 1 gallon, 2 and five gallon in the bakery. On my section we have 3 gallon that holds sausage seasoning and 1 gallon square that holds meat glaze. We sling them by the dozen a week. The latter I use in the workshop for holding all sorts of gear, and I just scrawl on them with a marker.

Just get in there and ask.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

That's good advice, I'm going to do that. I have 4 little lidless "buckets", the size of biggish waste paper bins, in my garden, that I use for collecting weeds due to go into the green bin. I picked them up outside a WHSmith that had closed down. I'll try for a white one for my kitchen - I don't want to spend on a kitchen bin if I can avoid it, and reusing a single use plastic, which can also be used as an actual bucket in an emergency, sounds a good thing. If firms don't give them away like that down here (and I think they do, but I'm just thinking aloud) I've got a 5 litre plastic tub of paint thats nearly empty. I'll clean it out and use that.
peejay

Post by peejay »

I did pop in to a local bakers a while back but they said they recycled theirs by cutting them up into spatulas & the like. Will try some other places I think...