What Preps are you doing this week? Part 6.

How are you preparing
jansman

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 6.

Post by jansman »

Arzosah wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:54 am Now that everything thats supposed to be in my kitchen is *in* my kitchen, the re-organising is spreading out to the rest of the house ... its horrifying, actually. Starting with the cubbyhole by the back door thats actually part of the understairs cupboard. DIY materials, tools, preps, paint, gardening stuff, its all mixed up, and I don't know where to find anything. A lot of it is in crates (finest Wilko plastic) of various sizes, so they're all out now, all over my nice new kitchen :shock: I'm going to label them, just one word each: electrics, garden, whatever.

Most of the garden is now horrifyingly overgrown :( but because I've been working on it as much as I can, there's nothing horrendously deep rooted. Today's aim is to get *one* plant planted (other aims for the house) there's an Open Gardens Day in my village that I'm determined to go to. Which is also a prep.
I like Open Gardens too.Someone always has a good idea that I can use.The way that you are organising your kitchen is what I NEED to do with my workshop! Emptying the ( already shelved) outbuilding means that I can move all my containers of nuts,bolts and other consumables into a more accessible place.Good luck with the sorting.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

jansman wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:39 amI like Open Gardens too.Someone always has a good idea that I can use.
A couple of the gardens have their own websites/ already appeared in magazine articles, and one of them has two wildlife ponds and a swimming pool! With a greenhouse, a veg plot, an orchard, a berry fruit area, and a lot of frou-frou stuff as well. They also have plants for sale, and you can bet that I'm going there first :mrgreen:
The way that you are organising your kitchen is what I NEED to do with my workshop! Emptying the ( already shelved) outbuilding means that I can move all my containers of nuts,bolts and other consumables into a more accessible place.Good luck with the sorting.
Thanks! Good luck to you too: accessibility of what we're storing is *so* important. I still need a cup of coffee, and then I'm going to get to it.
PreppingPingu

Post by PreppingPingu »

Hello all again - it's been a few months since I've logged in, so as far as preps are concerned, my preps this week are re focussing my mind on prepping. The last few months I've been living without a huge amount of thought to prepping. That is to say, I always live in a prepping sort of way, that is, live with things stocked up and ready to go, growing my own etc but I've just not been focussing on it. So this week, its back to stock checking and rotating - bringing out stuff from the garage and putting it into normal stock rotation and then refilling the garage shelves. Checking my med supplies that are stored under lock and key and again rotating stock. I need to think about winter veg as I never really done before but now my allotments is running relatively well from a staples point of view; that is to say, a good supply of spuds, carrots, parsnips and courgettes with the soft fruits on the side, this year I need to prep now for winter crops.
"Today is the tomorrow that you worrried about yesterday" - unknown
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast" - Red Dwarf
(Area 3)
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Today, day one of a 1st aid course. Spent the afternoon pounding on Annie's chest.... Bit too warm for that sort of exercise

Weekend just gone, blacksmithing demo (hopefully creating some leads to a second income stream)
as well as building a bean cage ( I know its late but not managed to transplant the beans before now, with any luck we might get beans).

Ordered a few missing bits and am trying to find a decent axe handle to hang the monster head that Citizen H passed over to me..... Looking like I'm going to have to pare down a pick helve because everything I've seen is just too wappy for that 7lb beast :shock:
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
hobo

Post by hobo »

ForgeCorvus wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:43 pm Today, day one of a 1st aid course. Spent the afternoon pounding on Annie's chest.... Bit too warm for that sort of exercise
I’m doing an introduction to Mental Health First Aid tomorrow in advance of a 2 day course next month!
jansman

Post by jansman »

hobo wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:45 pm
ForgeCorvus wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:43 pm Today, day one of a 1st aid course. Spent the afternoon pounding on Annie's chest.... Bit too warm for that sort of exercise
I’m doing an introduction to Mental Health First Aid tomorrow in advance of a 2 day course next month!
That sounds interesting hobo.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
hobo

Post by hobo »

jansman wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:31 pm
I'll report back!
General DeGaulle

Post by General DeGaulle »

Water, water and more water. I have just finished turning my shed (hand built from largely reclaimed wood) into a water collector. One of the local supermarkets has an offer on for cheap, sturdy plastic buckets with a 350 litre capacity so I have added these to my wilko water butts as it looks like we are in for a dry month or two down here in France. Next move, perhaps turn its roof into a solar energy collector?
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

hobo wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:54 pm
jansman wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:31 pm
I'll report back!
Yes please! Another one here who's very interested.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Two big boxes of coffee pods.
Ok so I'm shallow - I need coffee, it stops me killing people.