What Preps are you doing this week? Part 6.

How are you preparing
korolev

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 6.

Post by korolev »

Fitted two water butts at the weekend, 100l at the front and 200l at the back.

Then we got hit by that massive storm on tuesday night (over 1000 strikes here and absolutely clattering it down), checked them Wednesday morning, both full up.

Need to figure out a cheap (to buy and run) pump now as I'm looking at harvesting the rainwater for use in the loos but will need to get it up to the loft somehow.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Right Arzosah! *looks tough*
Andy I've got The Affair, and 61 Hours. But I'd like to get the earlier ones and see how it all started. The other series I love is Repairman Jack by F Paul Wilson.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

diamond lil wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:09 pm :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Right Arzosah! *looks tough*
Andy I've got The Affair, and 61 Hours. But I'd like to get the earlier ones and see how it all started. The other series I love is Repairman Jack by F Paul Wilson.
It's a great journey he has :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

I'm so rubbish :oops: I didn't even know the reference. Downloading Second Son right now.

Oh! Preps! Putting stuff back in the kitchen in new ways, to use the space properly and give me options. Cleaning a couple of kilner jars so I can start again with dehydrating.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Asda are doing a rollback on their Fuel 10K Peanut Butter Pouches:

https://groceries.asda.com/product/pean ... 0011829869

https://groceries.asda.com/product/pean ... 0011829205

https://groceries.asda.com/product/pean ... 0011828554

Great for BOBs and hiking trips, just knead the pack, unscrew and squeeze into gob. :mrgreen:

You can be more refined and squeeze onto a celery stick or into a sandwich, but hey, whatever floats your boat.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

128Gb Micro SD card. :oops:

Just copied all my 64 Gb Info over so my Kindle is 1/2 full again. :twisted:
jansman

Post by jansman »

Had a boozy night at the Summer house, and we are lounging in bed, drinking tea, with the sun streaming in. Mrs J has done an online Tesco shop, and we realise just how little we need, now it is just us two! Youngest was consuming everything! :lol: So my current prepping now involves zero stocking up.

We have an old fashioned walk- in pantry, complete with stone thrall that is very well stocked. We also have a rather large dry- lined brick outbuilding that houses three freezers and most of the contents of a Tesco Metro! We have decided that the indoor pantry is sufficient, with a bit of shelf rearranging. A lot of canned and dry goods that have 6 months code on them , I shall donate to the food bank. No point in it being wasted when it can be put to good use.

Steadily stocking the log stores so that firewood is ‘ready to go’, and chucking a 20 kg sack of coal in the bunker each week, sometimes 40 kg if I can be bothered.

The garden is in full swing, and it looks like it will be a bountiful year. Right now, we are self sufficient in spuds, cabbage, salad, onions and spinach. Peas will be next. Fowls are laying well, and the rabbits breeding like...rabbits! :lol:

Biggest prep this week will be bottling 5 gallons of red wine, and starting some more. Life is good.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

That sounds sorted Jansman! :mrgreen:
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Wow, jansman, so you're downsizing to that extent, reclaiming the space in the brick shed? Amazing!

Red wine ... mmmm. And your start to the day sounds idyllic :)
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Now that everything thats supposed to be in my kitchen is *in* my kitchen, the re-organising is spreading out to the rest of the house ... its horrifying, actually. Starting with the cubbyhole by the back door thats actually part of the understairs cupboard. DIY materials, tools, preps, paint, gardening stuff, its all mixed up, and I don't know where to find anything. A lot of it is in crates (finest Wilko plastic) of various sizes, so they're all out now, all over my nice new kitchen :shock: I'm going to label them, just one word each: electrics, garden, whatever.

Most of the garden is now horrifyingly overgrown :( but because I've been working on it as much as I can, there's nothing horrendously deep rooted. Today's aim is to get *one* plant planted (other aims for the house) there's an Open Gardens Day in my village that I'm determined to go to. Which is also a prep.