Boil in the bags meals

Food, Nutrition and Agriculture

Boil in the bags meals

Post by Post »

Hi guys.

Recently in work I’ve been buying some boil in the bag meals to see how they were and judging on that whether I’d bulk buy and store.

They’re called ‘Look What We Found’ and it seems like it’s a small firm with all English ingredients and they’re really nice.

They were 2 for £3 in Booths and the Chicken Caserole is lovely, as is the Lamb Hotpot, I’ll be trying the Chicken Curry next week.

Here is a link, I’m sure there’s other places to buy them other than Waitrose, BTW I’ve never shopped at Waitrose in my life it’s far too posh for me.

https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/shop/sear ... we%20found

Don’t know whether they’d be good for the bug out bag or to store, either way they’re nice and worth a try.
Yorkshire Andy

Re: Boil in the bags meals

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

They are not too bad...

Shelf life isn't owt special
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Jamesey1981

Post by Jamesey1981 »

Used to be able to get those in poundland but they have stopped doing them now sadly. I quite like the chilli.
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.
jansman

Post by jansman »

We used to flog ‘em where I worked, and I would take them night fishing. Good, but not that much in ‘em... or perhaps I am a greedy pig! :lol:
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Jamesey1981

Post by Jamesey1981 »

They needed something with them, I used to have rice with the chilli and instant mash with the other one I could get, can't remember what it was though.
That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die.

Post by Post »

I usually have 2 rounds of bread with them and that does me. The portions aren’t the biggest but it surprised me the quality. The date ain’t the best either.
Jamesey1981

Post by Jamesey1981 »

I thought they were pretty tasty as they go, I've had a lot of prepared things in retort pouches over the years and they aren't half bad.
featherstick

Post by featherstick »

They're nice enough but small portions - ok if you're not that active but if you were walking all day I think you'd want something more robust. Our local Asian shop does lots of b-i-t-b curries and they go well with a pack of Uncle Ben's. Quite salty though, which again could be good if you were very active.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

featherstick wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:24 pm They're nice enough but small portions - ok if you're not that active but if you were walking all day I think you'd want something more robust. Our local Asian shop does lots of b-i-t-b curries and they go well with a pack of Uncle Ben's. Quite salty though, which again could be good if you were very active.
You can also get assorted Indian scran in mylar bags from Asda etc in the world food isle, the mutter paneer being my fave. You'd need to do rice/noodles separately.