Size does matter...

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
jansman

Re: Size does matter...

Post by jansman »

For me, it’s one of those cheapo, Chinese key ring LED jobs. Bought a bagful a year or three back for a couple of quid. One lasts about 6 months. Use it every morning in the entry and checking the car ( I call it morning, most call it the middle of the night 😀). After that, my Swiss Army Huntsman- the best tool ever.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
omega man

Post by omega man »

hobo wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:17 pm Here you go: https://www.knivesandtools.co.uk/en/pt/ ... 6-tg16.htm
omega man wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:53 am
hobo wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:02 am At 58mm long, a Swiss Signature Lite is always in my bag. It has a pen, small folding blade, scissors, nail file, 2.5 mm screwdriver and an LED.
Though it's soon to be replaced by a Victorinox Midnite Manager @ Work which has screwdriver, scissors, file, knife, bottle opener, wire stripper, Philips driver, pen, LED and 16GB USB 3. Perfect! :D
is it not the "Victorinox Jetsetter@work" you're making reference to here? I didn't think there was a version of the midnite with USB? if so post me a link please :D
Awesome cheers Hobo... didn't even know about that site!. the jetsetter is the same but with alloy scales.. decisions decisions :lol: :lol:
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Opps... Forgot to mention the CS Style that acts as a key fob.

The Scissors are really good, the screwdriver fits glasses and the snap also acts as a bottle opener(and happens to be the second most used part :oops: )
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Use my 'tick pick' from time to time on the dugs, well one mostly, one is tickbait and the other one hardly gets any and they're brother and sister from the same litter so can't figure that one out.

Its something like this....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Long-Paws-Tick ... ay&sr=8-56

Another small thing is the plasters I carry. Oh, and my pill stash, not that regularly but I carry a small supply of brufin, antihistamines and immodium. Its a bad day at the office when I've had to use the immodium. :shock:
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

I suppose going back over this thread we could do with a definition of sorts as to what constitutes regularly . Daily , weekly , monthly?
hobo

Post by hobo »

grenfell wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:35 pm I suppose going back over this thread we could do with a definition of sorts as to what constitutes regularly . Daily , weekly , monthly?
Every day for me :)
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

Cheers , that's the sort of thing I would lean towards daily or perhaps several times a week at least. Therre's always the argument ( that has some validity) that if something is used just once a year but is used every year it's still being used regularly ..
munchh

Post by munchh »

Has to be my stainless steel nail file, its useful for things other than dirty nails
Or the small blade of my SAK☺
AREA 3
I'm not antisocial, just anti idiot.
If you use the phase "man up" you have alot to learn.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.
TLB

Post by TLB »

hobo wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:17 pm Here you go: https://www.knivesandtools.co.uk/en/pt/ ... 6-tg16.htm
Now that is seriously tempting... As a big SAK fan I might just have to add this to my collection even though my phone is still micro USB and not USB C.

Might have to get a new phone to go with it... :lol:
TLB

Post by TLB »

grenfell wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:35 pm I suppose going back over this thread we could do with a definition of sorts as to what constitutes regularly . Daily , weekly , monthly?
Good point, I wasn't going to restrict people, as someone may have a tiny piece of kit they use regularly (could be once a month, but it's regular) versus something larger they may use more frequently.

I've always been looking to reduce my kit without reducing it's functionality or effectiveness. I was hoping for some new ideas and it looks like Victorinox will be getting more of my money soon, I feel a fathers day present coming on :D