Just registered

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
jadedhills

Just registered

Post by jadedhills »

HI folks, I have been prepping for a fair few years now and am as ready as possible( more storage room needed)Most folks think I am a screwball that has lost the plot,
But rather have it and not need it than the other way round, Medical supplies are often forgotten about, and it is something to think on, having a seed bank with all the seeds you would need to grow and trade with is essential, the basics of a poly tunnel will be helpful as you can then grow into winter with salads and sprouting seeds, I have a pistol self cocking crossbow, and am proficient with a bow and an air rifle, and have started making bows, acquiring skills is something to think on, woodwork, electronics agriculture, and do you have a group of friends to help in the crisis? you need to group together as roaming gangs of starving could be a problem, can you start a fire without matches?? catch a fish? grow food? protect your loved ones? treat a gash or illness? do you have pet food stored for just in case? water purification, I have a small boat with an electric outboard motor in case of flooding, do you have plans to dispose of faeces in a safe way? otherwise disease spreads fast, just a quick intro bless you all :) Peter
pseudonym

Re: Just registered

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
jansman

Post by jansman »

jadedhills wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 2:01 pm HI folks, I have been prepping for a fair few years now and am as ready as possible( more storage room needed)Most folks think I am a screwball that has lost the plot,
But rather have it and not need it than the other way round, Medical supplies are often forgotten about, and it is something to think on, having a seed bank with all the seeds you would need to grow and trade with is essential, the basics of a poly tunnel will be helpful as you can then grow into winter with salads and sprouting seeds, I have a pistol self cocking crossbow, and am proficient with a bow and an air rifle, and have started making bows, acquiring skills is something to think on, woodwork, electronics agriculture, and do you have a group of friends to help in the crisis? you need to group together as roaming gangs of starving could be a problem, can you start a fire without matches?? catch a fish? grow food? protect your loved ones? treat a gash or illness? do you have pet food stored for just in case? water purification, I have a small boat with an electric outboard motor in case of flooding, do you have plans to dispose of faeces in a safe way? otherwise disease spreads fast, just a quick intro bless you all :) Peter
Welcome to the forum. Thanks for your introduction. We have many members here who are competent at all of the above, pretty much, myself included. We have one or two professional medics, and many of us are first aid trained.

Regarding your rifles and bows, we often discuss them in a sporting context; nothing further. There are members here who are really into their shooting sports. Have a look around, and enjoy.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome to the forum, sounds like you've been accumulating skills for a long time.

Bit concerned for you that "most people think you've lost the plot" - have you also had that reaction of "oh, I'll be round to yours, then, in an emergency?"