London Protests

Logistics and Transport
Deeps

Re: London Protests

Post by Deeps »

jansman wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:02 am

That last line probably sums up where I am coming from to be fair. Not too much detail, as an incident at work in January colours my view, and it is the subject of legal action.

The ‘Veganuary’ campaign brought protesters to our workplace, and there were cars vandalised in our car park. They watched who the Butchers were, and targeted us. Over two days there was intimidation too, which really upset the female staff. Police were constantly in attendance. The final straw was as I locked the gates and one jumped into my car and refused to get out. Picked on the wrong bloke! Fortunately we have good cctv... I will leave it there.

So I watch the news and see vandalism and gluing of appendages to windows, and I really feel for the staff who are trying to work with those numpties around. ‘Nuff said.
Its ok though, its for a good cause......

Sorry to hear that mate, that's disgusting behaviour and I hope the CCTV does its stuff.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

I'm so, so sorry to hear that, jansman - no wonder that's where you're coming from :( I don't understand how beliefs like veganism can lead people to choose that kind of diabolical attack on others. I hope your firm's cctv is good enough to get good detail on their faces, and they can all get heavy sentences.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Without going off - topic, the perpetrators were caught. The cctv showed the vandalism and in- your - face intimidation. Regarding the gentleman who appropriated my car, I thought he was stealing it, and in the struggle his arm got slammed in the door. Terrible accident that resulted in a broken arm! :lol: The cctv seems to be in my favour, but not settled yet as a counter petition has been lodged. We shall see. Sufficient to say that a re spray on my 15 plate motor cost me a pretty penny, and I, along with three colleagues are chasing that cost. Hey Ho!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Watching the news. Emma Thompson the actress flew on to support the ‘ activists’ , and it appears her plane left a 3 tonne carbon footprint to get there! It’s ok though, apparently she plantslots Of trees. Right.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

I've always been of the belief that "Your right to swing your fist stops where my nose starts"
Vegans, I'm not one but have no problem in 'you' being one...... Until you tell me that I can't not be one too.

I would love to not have to use fossil fuels in my daily life, however I drive a van for a plastics company and have to commute by car because the public transport system in rural Norfolk is utter crepe.... I'm probably on a hit-list :shock:

I do find the idea of glueing yourself to a train (or any other form of mass-transit) as a way of protesting carbon emissions amusing..... They should be targeting more polluting forms of transport like here for example
or here

But then, those places might be a bit far to cycle and still be home for tea :lol:

Worthy cause, poorly executed
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

jansman wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:16 pm Without going off - topic, the perpetrators were caught. The cctv showed the vandalism and in- your - face intimidation. Regarding the gentleman who appropriated my car, I thought he was stealing it, and in the struggle his arm got slammed in the door. Terrible accident that resulted in a broken arm! :lol: The cctv seems to be in my favour, but not settled yet as a counter petition has been lodged. We shall see. Sufficient to say that a re spray on my 15 plate motor cost me a pretty penny, and I, along with three colleagues are chasing that cost. Hey Ho!

When the chasing is over i hope it costs them an arm and a leg ;)

Good few years back we had hunt sabs on the access road to work blocking it trying stop a hunt (nothing to do with us) they soon scattered when a old knackered transit tipper approached at about 50 mph with no intention of slowing (got to love the work place nutter)

Been half watching it on the news bet the sales of superglue have rocketed! And wtf was the pink boat all about. Had to snigger at the papers criticism of the amount of rubbish they left behind
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine