Best combat trousers?

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Pointboy

Best combat trousers?

Post by Pointboy »

Hey everyone!

I’m currently in the market for a new pair of good quality combat style trousers. I currently have a pair of 5.11 Strykes but they are too small. Now I can either buy a new pair, or invest in a new pair.

Does anyone have any preferences or suggestions for the best quality combat style trousers that are water resistant?

Thanks
AREA 8 we shall defend our island, what ever the cost may be,we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds,we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills, we shall never surrender.

Re: Best combat trousers?

Post by 90. »

Hi,
I've had lots of different combat trousers over the years & have found the best by far to be the Genuine American ACU trousers in a digital pattern.
I mainly use them as work trousers for the garage & they have outlasted by far any others I have owned.
They have withstood lots of spatter from welding and oil contact, I love the reinforced seat & knees - the two areas others have worn out.
the side pockets are huge and have a "magazine" pocket in them which is great for stopping pens etc from dropping sideways in the pocket.

they do let water bead on them but that may be down to the amount of oil in them now, you can always wash in a waterproofer if you need that.
I paid £30 for them from a mil surplus guy at an autojumble and have had them about 4years, I have seen them on Ebay in the past; However my next pair of work trousers will be from screwfix etc.

regards all
jansman

Post by jansman »

If you want a tough pair of ‘combat style trousers’ , then I can recommend the Blue Castle brand cargo trousers. They ain’t waterproof, but they are warm in Winter and cool in Summer,with loads of pockets. As a senior member of staff, I have to wear a shirt and tie, and the black cargo trousers , and safety boots fit together. I have to have pockets for my keys, leatherman, wallet, phone, box cutter, keys, notebook and pen, specs... braces are also essential!😂

Just my tupenny’s - worth.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

I'll admit to very limited experience but for what it's worth...
I have a couple of pairs of British army Dpm combats which seem decent enough . To be honest one of the reasons for wearing them is that they show the dirt much less than jeans more than anything else. A black mark just looks like part of the pattern rather than a dirty sooty stain. That said I've not had any problem with them at all. I also have som German army combats in a olive brownish colour that I picked up in an eBay job lot . Comfortable enough , not really water proof , and they look ok but I was somewhat disappointed with the quality of them. The stitching left something to be desired coming apart and the knees wore quickly .
Trojanhorse

Post by Trojanhorse »

I wear Tru Spec trousers from ebay which are excellent and also various 5.11 again excellent.
QUAID

Post by QUAID »

Best EVER!
Wore these in all environments - hard wearing. Just die them black and you're good to go
At £3 you cannot go wrong.
https://www.dragonsupplies.co.uk/tropical-trousers
Trojanhorse

Post by Trojanhorse »

QUAID wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 8:46 am Best EVER!
Wore these in all environments - hard wearing. Just die them black and you're good to go
At £3 you cannot go wrong.
https://www.dragonsupplies.co.uk/tropical-trousers

Have you got a pic of these dyed??
QUAID

Post by QUAID »

No. But I would definately recomend these....
Dying probably involves 3 or so washes with the actual dye, I didn't actually get a pair of these as their sizes are not available to me.
Trojanhorse

Post by Trojanhorse »

I just bought some Arktis DPM trousers from ebay at a bargain price.
munchh

Post by munchh »

Ive had all sorts over the years, but i wear nothing but Helicon-tex. I wear shorts 50 weeks of the year, i have the CPU versions in shorts and trousers. They are just good and the packets are crazy. The trousers have knee pad pockets too. I buy them from ebay and there are about 10 colours. I were coyote and black.
AREA 3
I'm not antisocial, just anti idiot.
If you use the phase "man up" you have alot to learn.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools, because they have to say something" Plato.