My kit so far

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
old age prepper 70

My kit so far

Post by old age prepper 70 »

COVER
1 Dutch army 2 man tent.
2 Tarps 1 3 x3, 1 4 x 4. 1 Groundsheet 7ft x 5 ft. 2 3/4 Season sleeping bags , 1 Hammock,2 Sleeping mats.
COOKING
1 ASAB Portable cooker + 4 canisters of gas, 1 Hexamine cooker,2 Camping gaz cookers, 1 Methylated spirit cooker
1 14 cm Zebra cookpot,1 BCB cook set,1 Stanley cookpot.2 Canisters of camping gaz.
1 small frying pan,1 Camp kettle,
CUTTING
3 Knives, 1 Folding saw,1 Bushman saw.
CORDAGE
50 ft blue nylon rope, 40 ft 7 strand paracord,25ft paracord.
CONTAINERS
bcb Water bottle, 2 Nalgene bottles, 1 water bladder.
COMBUSTION
6 Cheapo lighters, 2 ferro rods, Matches.
I also have compasses, maps of my local area, plenty of clothing, and much more.
grenfell

Re: My kit so far

Post by grenfell »

Acorns and mighty oaks and all that . Good start.
Can I just ask if the 3x3 and 4x4 tarps are 3 and 4 metres in size ? Seems logical but I only ask because you then say the groundsheet size in feet . It's not a criticism, I do it all the time myself , mixing metric and imperial , if I had a tape marked in cubits I'd probably use them too but some may find it confusing from my experience. As an aside when I did my apprenticeship we were taught only millimetres and metres as adding in centimetres would be too confusing .
It is a case of personal preference but I'd add an axe to the list of cutting tools. Just a small hand one no need for anything over a couple of lbs , good for everything from chopping and cutting and also makes a decent hammer for knocking in tent pegs.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Its a good start, A lot of kits are very individual so something that you might need or want might not work for me and vice versa. Have a nose around on youtube to see if anything catches your eye.

I'll put down the things that I think you're missing although you've maybe not listed them.

FAK

Waterproofs/gloves etc

Worky gloves

Water purification
old age prepper 70

Hi Deeps, my apologies for an incomplete list.
I do have waterproof clothing ,hats and gloves
I also have two small hand axes,
first aid kit, fishing kit, sewing kit,
tinder box with birch bark, drier lint, some fatwood, tissues and two small pieces of inner tube.
bin liners, plastic plates, cups, titanium spork. puri tabs and much more.

My first aid kit is always on the top of my bag.
Last edited by old age prepper 70 on Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
unsure

Post by unsure »

old age prepper 70 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:48 pm COVER
1 Dutch army 2 man tent.
2 Tarps 1 3 x3, 1 4 x 4. 1 Groundsheet 7ft x 5 ft. 2 3/4 Season sleeping bags , 1 Hammock,2 Sleeping mats.
COOKING
1 ASAB Portable cooker + 4 canisters of gas, 1 Hexamine cooker,2 Camping gaz cookers, 1 Methylated spirit cooker
1 14 cm Zebra cookpot,1 BCB cook set,1 Stanley cookpot.2 Canisters of camping gaz.
1 small frying pan,1 Camp kettle,
CUTTING
3 Knives, 1 Folding saw,1 Bushman saw.
CORDAGE
50 ft blue nylon rope, 40 ft 7 strand paracord,25ft paracord.
CONTAINERS
bcb Water bottle, 2 Nalgene bottles, 1 water bladder.
COMBUSTION
6 Cheapo lighters, 2 ferro rods, Matches.
I also have compasses, maps of my local area, plenty of clothing, and much more.
thats a decent list , and please dont be offended but how far could you carry that lot if you had to .
my bob needs to be redone as the weight seems to be creeping up , that or in getting soft .
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .
old age prepper 70

Obviously I wouldn't be carrying all of that kit at one time, only the most essential items would go .

my 4x4 tarp. and lines and pegs for it.
sleeping bag ,roll mat and liner, groundsheet.
cook set, 14 cm pot, fire kit, water, spork.
first aid kit.
cordage (paracord ). knife,
Food.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

old age prepper 70 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:19 pm Obviously I wouldn't be carrying all of that kit at one time, only the most essential items would go .

my 4x4 tarp. and lines and pegs for it.
sleeping bag ,roll mat and liner, groundsheet.
cook set, 14 cm pot, fire kit, water, spork.
first aid kit.
cordage (paracord ). knife,
Food.
For one or two (maybe more depending on the configuration) a 3x3 is fine, not that there's much different to the size and weight.