Concern about airports post Brexit

Logistics and Transport
jansman

Re: Concern about airports post Brexit

Post by jansman »

Arzosah wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:15 pm :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lots of posh handbags come up when you google that phrase, you know, including one range called Fear Of God, I'm not kidding :roll: :mrgreen: :lol:

Dog is much better!
I have just done that! Ha ha! :lol:
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
featherstick

Post by featherstick »

korolev wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:51 pm I have 10 days in Corfu in September and a week in Spain in April. I may also be going to Paris in May.

The worst waits I have had in the last 20 years have all been at Gatwick coming back and, in the event of no-deal it would probably mean shorter queues as all EU citizens might have to be checked manually. In reality though, I suspect everything will just bimble along same as ever (disinterested Greek/Spanish immigration & treated like Osama bin Laden by UK immigration).
That's assuming the planes can fly in a No Deal. Auirlines must be compliant with the EU's ownership and control regs to retain their operating licences. If they don't have the operating licence, they don't take off.

https://www.ft.com/content/8c0a9f86-264 ... e6ceb5ffdf
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

I know it can be inconvenient and probably irritating on a personal level but with the climatic problems we have and a supposed plan to reduce carbon emissions I don't see a potential contraction of air travel as that much off a bad thing really..
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

I've always viewed airports with fear & loathing.. the endless queues and people sleeping on the floor and standing around for days not hours. They always remind me of the shopping mall scene in Dawn of the Dead :mrgreen:
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

I'm going to Portugal on April 1! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

:lol: :lol: :lol: you have my utmost admiration! Mind you, isn't Portugal the one who's come out to say, no probs, Brits, come as and when you like?

Our oldest ally, the Anglo-Portuguese Alliance of 1386 (or the crusaders helping King Alfonso in 1147).

There are still problems unconnected to Brexit: my catsitting gig is because my nephew is going on holiday to India. Today! I read this morning in The Guardian that there are lots of flight delays because of flights to India overflying Pakistani air space. Might have been sorted by now. Hope so!
featherstick

Post by featherstick »

Another wrinkle:

If we exit with No Deal, we'll fall out of GDPR, which will make the forward transfer of passenger lists (among many other things) impossible. This will make it v. diff. for airlines to operate until an agreement is reached.

It's almost as if they didn't think it through.
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

grenfell wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:30 am I know it can be inconvenient and probably irritating on a personal level but with the climatic problems we have and a supposed plan to reduce carbon emissions I don't see a potential contraction of air travel as that much off a bad thing really..
What Grenfell said. :D
Thumbs Up.jpg
Thumbs Up.jpg (5.92 KiB) Viewed 5612 times
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
daylen

Post by daylen »

featherstick wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:25 pm Another wrinkle:

If we exit with No Deal, we'll fall out of GDPR, which will make the forward transfer of passenger lists (among many other things) impossible. This will make it v. diff. for airlines to operate until an agreement is reached.

It's almost as if they didn't think it through.
I'm not sure anything would change data-wise to be honest. GDPR effectively becomes UK legislation and the EU could easily just make an adequacy decision to say our standards meet theirs. Much like they do with Privacy Shield from the USA. It would be hard to argue against such an adequacy decision because our law literally would be the same as GDPR.

Although having said that, it getting seriously close to brown trouser time with all this!
unsure

Post by unsure »

itsybitsy wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:27 pm I'm going to Portugal on April 1! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and i`m off to romania in july :lol:
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .