What Preps are you doing this week? Part 6.

How are you preparing
jennyjj01

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 6.

Post by jennyjj01 »

Arzosah wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:51 pm I was just checking out the website, which goes to a supplier at the same address, offering free delivery *nationally* for orders over £35, and saw 1.5kg of linseed for £3.29. In ordinary Sainsbos etc, 100g of linseed is currently 90p ... I'm definitely going to do an online order when I get back from catsitting, though DYOR applies as always.
Website name won't copy to paste it, which gives me slight pause, its somayaskitchen though. I might do some more research before placing an order myself.
Thanks. Some great prices, but more than that... Great product range and decent bulk quantities.
Link to webstore, if Mods are ok with that

A related site...Same company
Graceful Degradation! Prepping's objective summed up in two words. Turning Disaster into Mild Inconvenience by the power of fore-thought

Not Feeling Optimistic. Let me be wrong
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Yep, the related website is the place I actually went to :mrgreen: the bulk quantities are quite something, you're right :D
jansman

Post by jansman »

While the money is coming in,( I take nothing for granted), I am picking up silver bullion coins,thank for that link itsybitsy! :D . Today,I am ' doing the rounds', and picking up animal feed,straw,roofing felt and yet more coal.This afternoon,I shall brew more beer.That will see me to teatime. :D
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

I still haven't done anything about coal.. husband won't commit and is dithering and I can't be assed pushing it. :evil:
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

More dehydrating, just done more onions and will be doing a bag of mixed veg to add to the stash.

Watched a youtube vid of a guy's FAK and he had a small Collins Gem First Aid book in the kit and I had a Eureka moment so I've ordered a couple to put in my FAK's. First one arrived yesterday and put in my most used set up, I'm far from an expert so could be very handy. I plan on digging out a fresnel lens to put in with the books (when I find them :oops: ) as the writing is quite small for my old eyes.
jansman

Post by jansman »

diamond lil wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:00 am I still haven't done anything about coal.. husband won't commit and is dithering and I can't be assed pushing it. :evil:
Mine has gone up 7%! Mention this to him.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
prepfungus

Post by prepfungus »

Bulk buying canned kidney beans, canned carrots and dried rice, pasta etc.
I have a sneaky opening underneath my kitchen cupboards where my landlord never filled up with wood :x , so we have layered it up with tin cans.. :tinfoil better than nothing for now.
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

prepfungus wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:09 pm Bulk buying canned kidney beans, canned carrots and dried rice, pasta etc.
I have a sneaky opening underneath my kitchen cupboards where my landlord never filled up with wood :x , so we have layered it up with tin cans.. :tinfoil better than nothing for now.
Hope thats not stacked on the ceiling of your downstairs neighbor. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
prepfungus

Post by prepfungus »

Arwen Thebard wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:28 pm Hope thats not stacked on the ceiling of your downstairs neighbor. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think it actually is.... :oops:
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

I scouted out the volunteer-run shop of my local horticultural society this morning - a big shed on a friendly farm. Amazing! They buy big bags of stuff - 25kg - and punters like me can either buy the bags or buy smaller quantities - they act as wholesalers and split it up into smaller quantities. I bought some super potash, and mycorrihzal (sp! :shock: :lol: ) fungi. The roots of my new fruit bushes, to be planted March/ April, will love me :)

Oh, and I met some of the same people again, as well as newer peeps. All good.