Concern about airports post Brexit

Logistics and Transport
nightowl

Concern about airports post Brexit

Post by nightowl »

I'd normally be booking the family summer holiday about now, which is usually to Europe, but have started suddenly started thinking about whether Brexit is going to have any negative effect on the airports. We've seen plenty of non-Brexit hell for many people travelling this year already. Has anyone else held off on booking non-essential travel because of the uncertainty?
Arzosah

Re: Concern about airports post Brexit

Post by Arzosah »

I have, yes, just long weekends away in a caravan in May and June in the UK, till we see whats happening. I really don't need to spend two days at an airport, sleeping on the floor ... but I just have to book for me, in conjunction with a friend, the schedules aren't as crowded for me.
korolev

Post by korolev »

I have 10 days in Corfu in September and a week in Spain in April. I may also be going to Paris in May.

The worst waits I have had in the last 20 years have all been at Gatwick coming back and, in the event of no-deal it would probably mean shorter queues as all EU citizens might have to be checked manually. In reality though, I suspect everything will just bimble along same as ever (disinterested Greek/Spanish immigration & treated like Osama bin Laden by UK immigration).
hobo

Post by hobo »

We’ve decided on UK youth hostelling this year!
jansman

Post by jansman »

We love Rural Spain. Indeed worked there for six months. However, This Summer it is a lovely cottage in Norfolk for Mrs.J, me and the bag of fog! :lol:
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

jansman wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:03 pm We love Rural Spain. Indeed worked there for six months. However, This Summer it is a lovely cottage in Norfolk for Mrs.J, me and the bag of fog! :lol:
Love rural Spain, love Norfolk, but no idea what a bag of fog is :lol: :lol: :lol: A very hairy dog? A Persian cat (I can't imagine you having a Persian cat) ... a pet sheep? No, that would be a cloud ...

Desperate to know :mrgreen:

ETA - on the holiday thing, we can't be travelling around Brexit now, because of the caravan stuff we've booked. But it might be a cheapo cruise later on in the year?
jansman

Post by jansman »

Bag of fog = Dog. ;)

Robert Frost.

Me.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Lots of posh handbags come up when you google that phrase, you know, including one range called Fear Of God, I'm not kidding :roll: :mrgreen: :lol:

Dog is much better!
ForgeCorvus

Post by ForgeCorvus »

jansman wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:03 pm We love Rural Spain. Indeed worked there for six months. However, This Summer it is a lovely cottage in Norfolk for Mrs.J, me and the bag of fog! :lol:
Where are you going ? Assuming you don't mind sharing that info
jennyjj01 wrote:"I'm not in the least bit worried because I'm prepared: Are you?"
Londonpreppy wrote: At its core all prepping is, is making sure you're not down to your last sheet of loo roll when you really need a poo.
"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar
jansman

Post by jansman »

ForgeCorvus wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:26 pm
Where are you going ? Assuming you don't mind sharing that info
North Norfolk.Don't ask me specifics. Mrs J has sorted it,and I am turning up! :lol:

Robert Frost.

Me.