clear plastic sheets

Considering, or completed a DIY prepper project? Made something using traditional methods? Post it here!
omega man

Re: clear plastic sheets

Post by omega man »

Sorry Grenfell, I was referring to the plastic he already has, should have been "clearer" (forgive the glass related pun :oops: )
OM
hedgerowpete

Post by hedgerowpete »

grenfell wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:44 pm Not quite sure if the comment was directed to me so I should perhaps have added that I've done just that with some of the glass I've got and it resisted completely. It has seven layers if I recall corrrectly (and probably came out of a bank )which means it's very resilient but the downside is that it can't be cut and needs to be ordered at the correct size. I've done the same test with regular three layer laminated and while that does take damage is resilient
One thing with glass is that trying to smash through it will produce sharp shards and edges that will tend to put off anyone trying to get through.
Hedgerow Pete , nothing wrong with using free stuff , I do it all the time but if you already have the plastic it does tend to make you original question somewhat redundant .
i dont own , hold or have the plastic sheets, i have access to it and them if i want, at the moment i am trying to find out what they are, are they any good and what to look for, which is the whole point of the original post, the fact that you havenot read that and understood my request for plastic sheet information and gone off on one ,ranting about glass, even though it clearly mentions plastic sheets in the tittle and the post is a failing on your terms not mine. i have clearly stated i am not interested in any form of glass and the first thing you do i start off ranting about buying glass and owning glass and glass, glass, glass

i politly suggest that if you cant read and understand a request for information that you please refrain from your off topic ravings and go else where!
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

Hardly a rant about glass , just a suggestion . Perhaps you should read what's posted too. I understand you are asking about plastic sheets although you didn't make it clear that you can get some free of charge . Rather than asking strangers on a forum who can hardly comment on something we can't see or examine perhaps you should ask the owner of these sheets exactly what they are. Or as suggested just try whacking a piece with a hammer , if it does the job it hardly matters what it's called.
hedgerowpete

Post by hedgerowpete »

please troll elsewhere, or crawl back under your rock. your "help" is not required here
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

Rest assured I won't offer you any other advice and I won't mention the glaringly obvious weak point of your planned construction either .
omega man

Post by omega man »

hedgerowpete wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:58 am please troll elsewhere, or crawl back under your rock. your "help" is not required here
I believe Grenfell and I were merely contributing to your thread with the intention of "kicking ideas about" in an effort to assist you (after all you did start the thread looking for input, no?)

You seem somewhat hostile. That kind of thing goes totally against the spirit of UKP'S!
I for one will avoid any topics of yours now. Yet will refrain from insults. That is not the way we roll here.

Good day to you sir.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
jansman

Post by jansman »

hedgerowpete wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:58 am please troll elsewhere, or crawl back under your rock. your "help" is not required here
The moderator team will decide who is trolling. Thank you.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

jansman wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:11 pm
The moderator team will decide who is trolling. Thank you.
What Jansman said. If you wish to report a post, please use the button available (exclamation point icon if you are not familiar with it) and a moderator will review it and decide what, if any action, needs to be taken.
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

You started this thread by asking a question, then you accuse other members of trolling when they offer advice. You want to walk me through that thought process as it's not really computing to me, or anyone else! :roll: