Car Jump Start Battery

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Wild Thing

Car Jump Start Battery

Post by Wild Thing »

Hi all.

I want to buy one of those emergency jump start battery's for the car. I am looking at one that will charge laptops as well as I do digital radio work from the car and may need to recharge the laptop during the day.

The prices seem to vary wildly depending on claimed capacity and other things they can do.

Can any of you recommend a particular unit that you have used and would recommend.

Thanks.
unsure

Re: Car Jump Start Battery

Post by unsure »

is it just to recharge your lap top . if it is , have you considered an , invertor . 12volt in and the ability to power more than just your lap top .

if its not , then stay away from any cheap ones , they tend to discharge rather quickly .

https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/car- ... S1EALw_wcB
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

I got a Lidl one iirc it was rated at 1.6l diesel and 2l petrol....

I've started a 2.5l diesel forklift with it and a 2.2l van no issues. Yet a 1.2 fiat Panda not a chance .... Depends on the condition of the dead cars battery the panda had a short circuited cell managed to jump it using a 110ah battery but it took some doing
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

For laptop powering forget it pick up a cheap windoze tablet for easy usb based charging...

Unless you plan to run off 12v ( these jump start power banks do not put out a steady 12v bar the high amps jump facility which is a short burst ....

You can get car laptop adapters which step you u to around 18 v or whatever you need with less loss than going 12 to 240 back to 18 v
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine