a dinosaur joins

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
hedgerowpete

a dinosaur joins

Post by hedgerowpete »

Evening all. Pete here. better called Hedgerow Pete. unlike many before me on this first post i have been prepping for thirty plus years now.

if your old or an historian , you will know me and the story below.

if your young, in that case i am an old fart that has been and done pretty well all you can think of and a lot more besides

My parents taught us how to hedgerow harvest way back in the 1970's when they were part of the back to the land marche, good old Seymor. they came from the midlands and went hungry durring the war. they taught us to preserve food and jams and pickles just incase we were ever hungry again.

After that i progressed to being a family man and allotments and small holdings, animals and husbandry and animal harvesting. Jerry Ahern and his books and Lofties first printed words, Seymor and the likes and what was once called small holdings and market gardens. more of a grower turned survivalist rather than bush crafter turned tin can buyer.

durring those days i started the internet, so that puts me waaay back in to British Red in his hayday and the ludlow group. After that its a case of a few other groups, most recently i have left another two letter one number group last year due to changes of editorship, i was better called LEGON on that, Live- Every- Golden- Opurtunity- Now. you will also find me as hedgerowpete on the beekeeping forums as well. one of my you tube channels was teaching bee keeping and diy building.

I have has articles published. ran three very large you tube channels 50k subscribers plus and still supply ideas and suggestions for several more. two websites, one kite fishing and hunting and another on bee keeping equipment construction and food preservation

I have worked in the UK, europe and Abroad, I used to work indirectly for medical san frontrie and also used to work as a contractor for the europian milatary. been to some of the best war zones in the last thirty years. spent many months in being at the wrong end of artillary and small arms fire.
I do own weapons in the uk andhave skills to work , mend and use them to supply food, no land to shoot on though.

I have very old ideas and try to walk inbetween the new wave of bush crafter types which i dont really get into and hard core americian survilalists, more set up as an urban survilialist food grower rather than a country one.

the preps i have are very stable, so is the skill set for food production and preserving.i do a lot of casheing of gear away from home and have over the years set well over 400, 25l barrelsall over the country, i own and use 100 still and have sold the rest on.

here to talk to like minded people over topics, but without the censorship and shouting that you find else where
Deeps

Re: a dinosaur joins

Post by Deeps »

Welcome to the forum, I hope you find this place useful, I have.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Here's to self-aware dinosaurs, yay, welcome! I'm sure I know your name, Pete. I hope you find a home here.

Can I check something with you straight away? This bit of your introductory post:
"Now. you will also find me as hedgerowpete on the beekeeping forums as well. one of my you tube channels was teaching bee keeping and diy building.

I have has articles published. ran three very large you tube channels 50k subscribers plus and still supply ideas and suggestions for several more. two websites, one kite fishing and hunting and another on bee keeping equipment construction and food preservation."

I'm particularly interested in the beekeeping at the moment, have you been constructing it?
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

That is one of the most comprehensive and informative intros I have read.
Welcome to another fossil, hope the forum suits you.
(Nice YouTube videos by the way)
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Hello and welcome to the Forum :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
hedgerowpete

Post by hedgerowpete »

Arzosah wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:49 pm Here's to self-aware dinosaurs, yay, welcome! I'm sure I know your name, Pete. I hope you find a home here.

Can I check something with you straight away? This bit of your introductory post:
"Now. you will also find me as hedgerowpete on the beekeeping forums as well. one of my you tube channels was teaching bee keeping and diy building.

I have has articles published. ran three very large you tube channels 50k subscribers plus and still supply ideas and suggestions for several more. two websites, one kite fishing and hunting and another on bee keeping equipment construction and food preservation."

I'm particularly interested in the beekeeping at the moment, have you been constructing it?

I dont do any beekeeping videos or writings anymore and dont do much construction other than to maintain my own hives. certainly willing to answer questions. as well as building the usual tuff and tools . i have done a lot on a new hive volume design. I have kept bees for 35 years now, in the uk as well as the middle east, i own a few hives now but have ran 60 plus hives for several years, so i can comment on commercial as well as amatuer bee keeping, what do you want to know
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Thanks for your reply Pete. I'm researching on behalf of someone else, so I'm always on the lookout for anything to do with beekeeping, any method of learning, so if you have any current links or recommendations, let me know.
daylen

Post by daylen »

Welcome Pete. I remember you from the LSG forum. :)
grenfell

Post by grenfell »

Dinosaurs , old but very successful while they were around, welcome and I look forward to your contributions.
Chunk

Post by Chunk »

Hi there & welcome ;)