Slug pellet ban

Food, Nutrition and Agriculture
jansman

Slug pellet ban

Post by jansman »

So,it seems the slug pellet is to be banned.Probably the most effective pesticide to protect young plants from this voracious pest.Its been in the pipeline awhile,but it comes right on top of Brexit,whose proponents have a vision that we will grow all our own food AND have surplus to sell to countries clamouring at our door! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: If you want to stock up,you have until about May.

https://www.fwi.co.uk/arable/metaldehyd ... -from-2020

Personally,I am stocked for 5 years.I don't do organic pest control ( I have tried) it doesn't work if you actually want to harvest anything!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Brambles

Re: Slug pellet ban

Post by Brambles »

I'm on it, cheers. I've tried organic pest control too, didn't work for me either. We can still buy Ferric Phosphate slug control at about 5 times the price.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
jansman

Post by jansman »

Brambles wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:51 pm I'm on it, cheers. I've tried organic pest control too, didn't work for me either. We can still buy Ferric Phosphate slug killer at about 5 times the price.
I wasn't gonna mention that! :lol: Glad you agree.I am expecting to get a moral kicking from the eco- police! :lol:
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Forwarded to the head gardener. Cheers.