Course - Self-sufficiency

Read something good? Written something good? Link it, or copy it here!
PrepperMum

Course - Self-sufficiency

Post by PrepperMum »

Hi all,

I have seen this online course: https://adlonlinecourses.com/self-suffi ... ass100-cld

It looks to me like a good grounding but I am still making up my mind whether to sign-up :)
Deeps

Re: Course - Self-sufficiency

Post by Deeps »

I didn't read that much of it but it falls into that category of wait...... what is it you think you'll get from the course, can you achieve it with a bit of research yourself ? Could you use the money for other things..... I'm maybe doing them a disservice (didn't read it) but are they a money making organisation, my first glance suggested they were.

Don't fall into the same trap a lot of us have by being evangelical about prepping and wanting to do everything NOW.
PrepperMum

Post by PrepperMum »

Thanks Deeps. It looks like a good course, but yes, information can be found online or in the library.
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

PrepperMum wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:29 pm Hi all,

I have seen this online course: https://adlonlinecourses.com/self-suffi ... ass100-cld

It looks to me like a good grounding but I am still making up my mind whether to sign-up :)
TBH, I'd cut and paste the course content and then look for myself. :)
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Self sufficiency is about skills. Practical skills. Some things have to be ‘ hands on’. Reading up is brilliant ( I still read ANYTHING about gardening), but it doesn’t tell you how to deal with dying poultry when a Fox has been in, for instance. As the others said, break down the constituent parts, read up, get practical advice.

Good luck, any degree of self sufficient living is fun.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
PrepperMum

Post by PrepperMum »

Thank you, Jansman :)