Babby BOB Phone

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
Quill

Babby BOB Phone

Post by Quill »

Lads, we all know saving weight and space is vital in a BOB or EDC kit but what if you want a backup backup phone that is so small it fits inside the prison pocket!

I present, the Gravitis J8!

I am genuinely half-tempted to get it just to see what it's like. It only weighs 19 grams. Who knows, it might even be useful :lol:
pseudonym

Re: Babby BOB Phone

Post by pseudonym »

Carrying it would be a right pain in the........ :mrgreen:
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Thats sort of tempting, but not at £29 :lol:

Interesting to see it has a "voice changer" - that really makes me wonder about the target market :?
Quill

Post by Quill »

Gives a whole new meaning to the word butt dial!
jansman

Post by jansman »

Arzosah wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:48 am Thats sort of tempting, but not at £29 :lol:

Interesting to see it has a "voice changer" - that really makes me wonder about the target market :?
I think you have hit the nail on the head Arzosah.

Thing is,in a real hard core BO situation,phone signals probably wont work...just a thought.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Quill

Post by Quill »

Arzosah wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:48 am Interesting to see it has a "voice changer" - that really makes me wonder about the target market :?
Aye, did already think it would be easier to smuggle into a prison than a normal phone.
jansman wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:06 pm Thing is,in a real hard core BO situation,phone signals probably wont work...just a thought.
Yeah, my thinking was more along the line of personal/local messes.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Quill wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:16 pm
Yeah, my thinking was more along the line of personal/local messes.
For years I used an old Nokia 3310 as a spare phone, when I was abroad I put a local sim card in it to phone taxi's etc. It was great, tiny and and worked anywhere. I 'inherited' the cheap crappy mobile I bought my dad and while I wouldn't really want to use the 'prison pocket' option :shock: its relatively small and cost a tenner with a tenners worth of credit on it. It uses a USB charger which wins out over the old Nokia for me, and lives in my GHB along with my charging options.
Quill

Post by Quill »

Deeps wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:05 pm For years I used an old Nokia 3310 as a spare phone, when I was abroad I put a local sim card in it to phone taxi's etc. It was great, tiny and and worked anywhere. I 'inherited' the cheap crappy mobile I bought my dad and while I wouldn't really want to use the 'prison pocket' option :shock: its relatively small and cost a tenner with a tenners worth of credit on it. It uses a USB charger which wins out over the old Nokia for me, and lives in my GHB along with my charging options.
I'm using a nokia I got off amazon for a fiver as my phone atm while my main one is being repaired and honestly I'm loving it. It's a great having a phone that stays charged for donkeys.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Quill wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:39 pm
Deeps wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:05 pm For years I used an old Nokia 3310 as a spare phone, when I was abroad I put a local sim card in it to phone taxi's etc. It was great, tiny and and worked anywhere. I 'inherited' the cheap crappy mobile I bought my dad and while I wouldn't really want to use the 'prison pocket' option :shock: its relatively small and cost a tenner with a tenners worth of credit on it. It uses a USB charger which wins out over the old Nokia for me, and lives in my GHB along with my charging options.
I'm using a nokia I got off amazon for a fiver as my phone atm while my main one is being repaired and honestly I'm loving it. It's a great having a phone that stays charged for donkeys.
Texting is a fecker though, having to press a key 3 times to get a 'C' is a pain. :evil:
Quill

Post by Quill »

Deeps wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:19 pm Texting is a fecker though, having to press a key 3 times to get a 'C' is a pain. :evil:
Back to the good old days of 2005. Vintage finger strain!