Hello from Norn Iron!

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Quill

Hello from Norn Iron!

Post by Quill »

Hi guys! Just moved back home to Northern Ireland after finishing uni in England, looking to start prepping for primarily low end stuff. Gonna start off small because space and resources are very limited atm. Looking to get copies of all important docs together in the next few days and then slowly putting together a GHB and some supplies for a power cut. I'm a geologist so quite outdoorsy so definitely want to pick up some new skills in that area and get more practice hiking. Had an interest in prepping for a few years but decided to actually take action now. Currently living quite near to Belfast.
jansman

Re: Hello from Norn Iron!

Post by jansman »

Welcome.Starting with the small stuff is sensible,and cheaper!
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Welcome (and I love "norn iron" :D ).

Yep, small stuff is great. And starting with documents and GHB is great too, so often overlooked in the first flush of enthusiasm.

A geologist in Northern Ireland! You've got some great landscapes on your doorstep.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Welcome to the forum, I hope you find the site useful. As others have said, best to start small, you'll know your own requirements so do a bit of research (nosing about here, youtube etc) and work towards it. Try not to get seduced by all the gucci toys out there, I have to fight the urges for the 'shiny shiny' with varying results. :oops:
Quill

Post by Quill »

jansman wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:36 am Welcome.Starting with the small stuff is sensible,and cheaper!
Thanks! Looking forward to getting into gardening specifically.
Arzosah wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:53 am Welcome (and I love "norn iron" :D ).

Yep, small stuff is great. And starting with documents and GHB is great too, so often overlooked in the first flush of enthusiasm.

A geologist in Northern Ireland! You've got some great landscapes on your doorstep.
Thanks! And definitely, it’s so scenic here.
Deeps wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:17 am Welcome to the forum, I hope you find the site useful. As others have said, best to start small, you'll know your own requirements so do a bit of research (nosing about here, youtube etc) and work towards it. Try not to get seduced by all the gucci toys out there, I have to fight the urges for the 'shiny shiny' with varying results. :oops:
I know all about the allure of spending too much money on a new hobby after getting into Airsoft, buying a whole pile of tat for it then playing all of three games haha. Still got most of it bunged in the loft. So definitely going to avoid the shiny stuff this time.