Survival medicine

Medical and Healthcare
jansman

Survival medicine

Post by jansman »

Whilst looking at alternative remedies for asthma,( I had a bit of a 'do'last night) I found this:

http://thesurvivaldoctor.com

Interesting stuff in there.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Stonecarver

Re: Survival medicine

Post by Stonecarver »

Thx will have a look
Not worried about powering the whole house,just eating hot food,getting a brew,seeing through the dark,and staying warm.
Jansman
Stonecarver

Post by Stonecarver »

If you ever have anything to share about the alternative remedies would be grateful since am afflicted with same :evil:
Not worried about powering the whole house,just eating hot food,getting a brew,seeing through the dark,and staying warm.
Jansman
jansman

Post by jansman »

PM sent.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Stonecarver

Post by Stonecarver »

jansman wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:31 amPM sent.
Thanks for that
Jansman
redskies

Post by redskies »

Wrt asthma, as well as a host of other conditions, I've been head down studying the science of nutrition the last few months, and it can make a massive difference.
There are currently four ways of eating that seem to produce the very best health and relief from a huge number of medical conditions, from T2D to asthma, from arthritis to seizures. Well worth taking a look at them - keto, low carb high fat, paleo & carnivore.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

I've bookmarked the Survival Doctor, thanks jansman.
redskies wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:29 amThere are currently four ways of eating that seem to produce the very best health and relief from a huge number of medical conditions, from T2D to asthma, from arthritis to seizures. Well worth taking a look at them - keto, low carb high fat, paleo & carnivore.
This is interesting, redskies! As an arthritis sufferer (my sister keeps telling me I'm walking like an old lady :( ) which is the diet most recommended in relation to arthritis?
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

I'm another one who eats LCHF and paleo. I have to take steroids for the rest of my life and so many on them put on weight. On this diet I haven't put on an ounce. My blood sugar doesn't crash and my ME stays manageable.
redskies

Post by redskies »

For me, as another arthritis sufferer, I found that keto, which we started back in March, was very effective in lessening pain. I decided to give carnivore a try about six weeks ago, and within the first week, the remains of the pain had just ... gone. I've seen huge benefits in energy levels, general well being & mental function as well.

If you're on twitter, Drs Ted Naiman & Shawn Baker are two to look at. Even if you're not, their feeds are public, so you should be able to access them.

It's also well worth watching The Magic Pill. I saw it about two weeks in, and that's what prompted me to start researching. Haven't stopped yet! You'll find the movie on Netflix & Vimeo.

Diamond lil, have you discovered this? www.dietdoctor.com it's a fab site, loads of good info :)
pseudonym

Post by pseudonym »

Another Low Carb, Healthy Fat convert here.

Diagnosed with dangerous blood sugar levels, ignored the NHS eatwell plate and started on the LCHF lifestyle.

2 1/2 years of pre-diabetic blood sugar levels and counting.

Over 3,000 recipes here:

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/food-and-recipes.html
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.