Hello from Northamptonshire.

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Jäger

Hello from Northamptonshire.

Post by Jäger »

Hello uk preppers my name is Teddy,
I'm a 27 year old landscaper from Northamptonshire.
I have a fiancee and two beautiful children, that is the reason i prep.
My partner, hasn't got much interest but gives me her full support and understands the whole "same principle as a condom. Id rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have one."

From the age of 3 my grandad and dad would take me hunting and I've had the pleasure of learning from them both. Would love to pass the same skill in tracking, patience, disapline and respect to the wild that I was taught to sons. Unfortunately, I can't in England but every year I go to Portugal I teach my oldest in a safe environment on just the basic. My downfall is plants and fruit in the wild. I lack in knowledge on what plants I can and cannot eat including wild fruits. My aim is to prepare for most eventualities that may occur in our life time, me and my partner want to protect our kids. they are mine and my partners priority.

I have 3 bugout bags with 48 hour mod mre, water filtration, first aid kit ECT in each, i own a umrex 850 .22 gas rifle which i would use for hunting and we have multiple locations away from population.
I do target practice at the kibworth shooting range most weekends.

I've been a prepper since as far back as I can remember. my mum moved to England when I was 3 to find a stable job and a roof to put over our heads before my sister, dad and myself migrated.
Meantime my grandad would have me keep a bag under my bed for emergencies (he lived in a farm with the nearest neighbours 2 miles away) so he worried in the event that someone would attempt to rob him or harm us (he was in an African civil war for a few years and would often tell me stories of having to survive in the wild he later became a sergeant in the police force in Portugal ).
Anyway, he would have me keep said bag and 3 times a month weather it was after school or weekends he would conduct random drills. It was fun, so since then I would always keep a bag with needed supplies.

My reason for joining the forum is to gain knowledge on what I lack, and find preppers that we could join in activities with.

We prep for many events. But.. we all have the same aim, to protect our interests and survive.

Thanks for reading, I hope I can find a few preppers our there.

Ted.
I may be younger, but.. You're none the wiser.
Deeps

Re: Hello from Northamptonshire.

Post by Deeps »

Welcome to the forum, good intro, I hope you find plenty of useful stuff on here. What kind of scenarios are you prepping for ?
Jäger

Post by Jäger »

Hello Deeps, thank you I hope that it wasn't too much to read.
I'll be honest I was taught to never expect one outcome so taking the word of the wise I prepare for all scenarios. With many of the big scenarios it will always be the same procedure, stay well away from the population. No trading no interaction no communication. If It was just myself then of course my strategy would be very different but this involves my children so isolation to me seems like the perfect plan. Well, unless of course I have other I trust in.

What about yourself?
Care to share a story?
Last edited by Jäger on Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Welcome to the forum... If you trawl back through the new members posts you will see what many old / new / gone members have been prepping for ..

One thing many overlook is the humble weekend away bag / hotel / hospital bag. . . . .

Take a house fire / nutter pointing a gun at the police at the end of the street/ flood / gas leak / local chemical spill / unable to get home due to a train strike / bad weather...

A bag full of Chinese Rambo wanabee bits will be no help and if you end up in the local sports hall pulling a big bowwie knife out your bag will quickly result in a few bright yellow stab vested officers gripping you ........ A bit of cash to pay for a hotel / kabab at your mates .. any medication a wash bag / towel / Change of clothes a few smalls . A small roll mat and maggot for crashing on a mates floor or the office at work and change for the vending machines. And a copy of your home insurance ( most offer emergency accomodation in the event of a fire or flood so having your policy number and phone number to hand can make life easy (some will pay the hotel directly)
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Jäger wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:56 pm Hello Deeps, thank you I hope that it wasn't too much to read.
I'll be honest I was taught to never expect one outcome so taking the word of the wise I prepare for all scenarios. With every scenario it will always be the same procedure, stay well away from the population. No trading no interaction no communication. If It was just myself then of course my strategy would be very different but this involves my children so isolation to me seems like the perfect plan. Well, unless of course I have other I trust in.

What about yourself?
Care to share a story?
I get the impact kids can have on your life and not just in the event of things going a bit 'peculiar'. I'm lucky that my kid is 26 and lives abroad so not a great deal I can do about it. She'll have to take charge of herself, both her and her bloke aren't anything remotely 'preppery' though.

I prep for the mundane, no zombies or nuclear wars on my spectrum although you play the hand that's dealt you, if there's a nuclear war leading to the dead mutating and making an appearance then I'm sure my stores will come in handy. :lol: I like to keep the basics going in the event that some of them cease. We could cope without lecky, gas, water for a while, same with a cyber attack on the banks etc.

I don't have any 'bug out bags' made up although if required I've got the makings of a good few, certainly enough for me and the missus and while I do have a wild camping site I'm fond off, the whole bugging out thing would be a very grumpy last resort, why move out of a perfectly good waterproof and relatively toasty house with all my assorted preps (and neighbours etc) to live under a tarp. While I love walking and camping, its nice to have the comforts, I've even got an alternative shower if need be.

Whatever works for you though mate.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:15 pm Welcome to the forum... If you trawl back through the new members posts you will see what many old / new / gone members have been prepping for ..

One thing many overlook is the humble weekend away bag / hotel / hospital bag. . . . .

Take a house fire / nutter pointing a gun at the police at the end of the street/ flood / gas leak / local chemical spill / unable to get home due to a train strike / bad weather...

A bag full of Chinese Rambo wanabee bits will be no help and if you end up in the local sports hall pulling a big bowwie knife out your bag will quickly result in a few bright yellow stab vested officers gripping you ........ A bit of cash to pay for a hotel / kabab at your mates .. any medication a wash bag / towel / Change of clothes a few smalls . A small roll mat and maggot for crashing on a mates floor or the office at work and change for the vending machines. And a copy of your home insurance ( most offer emergency accomodation in the event of a fire or flood so having your policy number and phone number to hand can make life easy (some will pay the hotel directly)

^^^^^^ Wot he says. Its not very rock n' roll but will be more use than a bag full of gear to live in the woods. I do have a GHB (get home bag) and mine is beefier than some (not a competition, I might potentially have to use it for a couple of days) but I could also grab it if I was being evacuated as it has a small down sleeping bag and wash kit/spare clothes, power bank, blah blah blah.

Have a nose around the forum and see what catches your eye.
Jäger

Post by Jäger »

Thanks for your reply Andy,
Kind of seems I've been mistaken for someone who thinks sticking a knife in a bag growing a beard and living in a first means beings a prepper.
As I said I prep for all events including house fires. Among the mod mre we also have clothes and money in our bugout bags. It's quick to assume someone when of course you see so many that would love the idea of a apocalypse.
I have a said rifle for hunting, of course I have a knife in one of the bags not a 12" look at me I watch movies Rambo is my hero knife, No, a simple 3" blade jackpyke knife. I also keep passports in one of the bags for safe keeping and of course in case we need to travel quick with the bag.
With that being said I didn't think of putting a copy of my home insurance so thanks for that one. :lol:
To list the items in all 3 bags would have me here typing for some time, and to list what events I'm prepping for would also have me here for some time, but yes a simple house fire is one, my van breaking down on the way back to base is another flash floods, riots water restrictions you name it and I don't doubt that I've thought about it and took measures.

When I mentioned I have a few places I don't mean that it's my go to in any event. "Oh no beautiful our house has caught fire, let's go and stay out in the woods"
Never the less I have too keep those locations as an option, thought to mention since I wouldn't of thought many people would have that time and pacience to find locations away from the general pop.

I came here thinking that this would be a home for like minded people that aren't just prepping for an all out nucular war, alien invasion or what ever else. Thought this would be a real prepper forum that preps for any given situation big or small and would be welcomed with out being told there is more to prepping than "a bug out bag" "don't pull a knife out or you'll see the yellow vests" ...yeah great. Common knowledge but sure I understand I'm 27, and seen as mug.
Correct me if I'm wrong, please, but it seems I'm being painted with the same brush youd paint a niave human that believes beard gryls taught them everything they need to know.
Not the case.

Anyway thanks for the advice on the home insurance I'll take that on board. Good luck with any given event.
Jäger

Post by Jäger »

Seen the small but of text that could of contributed to the mixed up, it's been edited sorry about that. :lol:
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Jäger wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:57 pm Seen the small but of text that could of contributed to the mixed up, it's been edited sorry about that. :lol:
Nobody is out to get you mate, sometimes things get 'lost in translation' on the internet, have a nose around the site, if it resonates with you then cool.
Jäger

Post by Jäger »

Will do lad, thank you. 👌🏽