Camo vehicles

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
grenfell

Re: Camo vehicles

Post by grenfell »

Cheers , it has had me wondering if making a van look less like a builders van might deter those after power tools but could at the same time make it attractive to someone wishing to steal something else. I work in maintainence , both buildings and garden work , and do have deadlocks and padlocks fitted. They did prove their worth when someone tried to get in . They are , however , visible which in itself can say "something worth breaking in for" even though I take the tools out at night. I did say I painted my trailer in camo and on that I have a spade which blends into the trailer side at anything overt a couple of feet and the thought that the padlocks would also blend in had crossed my mind.
Funnily enough not far from me is another guy doing the same sort of work and he drives a camo land rover . Ex military desert camo tan and black . I deliberately went non military for the trailer using a sponge effect but I suppose it could conceivably be considered to be used by some sort of hunter/fisher type.
I think epidemic is the right word and to be honest if someone wants to steal the van or it's contents there's ultimately very little I can do. On another forum a poster mentioned a builder covering his van in pink and yellow flowers which is also an idea. As the van could do with a tidy up anyway plus I have a gallon of the pale greenish khaki trailer basecoat I may just daub that on as it's not white but is pretty nondescript which is along the lines off what I'm thinking .
grenfell

Re: Camo vehicles

Post by grenfell »

Oh and going a tad off topic but one class of vehicles I think should be camo even just green or grey or something dull at least is caravans . I've never understood the idea of going to the countryside , attracted by its beauty and then to fill it with ugly shiny white oblong boxes :evil: