Xmas wish lists

Logistics and Transport
Citizen H

Xmas wish lists

Post by Citizen H »

Is it a bit soon to mention Xmas Wish Lists ???

Ooooooooh Yes Please!!!!!!!!!!!
Attachments
get home.jpg
Im just hoping for the best and preparing for the worse.

Citizen "H"
Deeps

Re: Xmas wish lists

Post by Deeps »

You dream bigger than me mate, I'm thinking of finally giving hammock camping a go, a decent set up is my crimbo plan. Your missus maybe loves you more than mine loves me. :cry:
unsure

Post by unsure »

Deeps wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:04 pm You dream bigger than me mate,
Your missus maybe loves you more than mine loves me. :cry:
and mine would tell me to build it my self :lol:
YES i walked away mid sentence , you were boring me to death and my survival instincts kick in .
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

unsure wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:29 pm
Deeps wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:04 pm You dream bigger than me mate,
Your missus maybe loves you more than mine loves me. :cry:
and mine would tell me to build it my self :lol:
How very 'A team'. ;)
Jshaul95

Post by Jshaul95 »

ohhh if only haha :D think that will be the next 20 years worth off presents
Citizen H

Post by Citizen H »

Deeps wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:04 pm You dream bigger than me mate, I'm thinking of finally giving hammock camping a go, a decent set up is my crimbo plan. Your missus maybe loves you more than mine loves me. :cry:
I'm sure she loves me but with the state of work and income its just a bit of "wishful thinking" on my part.... you'd need to re mortgage to fill it up,

besides I've a rat survival mountain bike project cooking away hence the questions about Nato green paint, watch this space.......... :lol:

Citizen "H"
Captain Darling

Post by Captain Darling »

and mine would tell me to build it my self 
Mine would tell me to do something else myself...

I'm after some more krav maga gear, fed up of getting my wrists smashed in and my MMA gloves and gumshield need replacing.
Cutting, combustion, cordage, container, cover.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

Citizen H wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:39 am
Deeps wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:04 pm besides I've a rat survival mountain bike project cooking away hence the questions about Nato green paint, watch this space.......... :lol:

Ohh I'm intrigued I used to do a lot of mountain biking.... Light strong cheap ... Pick 2

Then the arguments really set too 7 speed block vs 9 or 10 speed groupset...... As 7 speed chain is bigger and thicker = stronger and more muck resilient

Brakes.... Rim brakes be it canti or V or disc?

Hydraulic discs are almost maintenance free but if they go wrong they can be a harder fix. ...

Square taper bottom bracket or the hollow tech ii versions (I used to round off square taper cranks!)

Wheels big downhill rims for longevity or light weight xc whippet rims..

Tubes or ust tubeless?

26 or 700c or the 29ner 69ner

Hubs cartridge bearings for life or cup cone type as they are user serviceable but less muck proof ...

It's a whole can of worms before you get into suspension or gear shifters

Quick release or bolt on axles :o

Then spare parts frame type hard tail I always carried a spare mech hanger for example but often the rear mech ended up mangled so it was a on the fly single speed conversion (much harder on a full suspension bike,)

So decent multi tool ... Incl chain tool and quick links .. tubeless repair kit or patches for tubes.. pump / co2 inflation kit

Steel frame or aluminium?

Tyre choice is a massive game too as depending on where your riding or time of year affects what rubber you slap on ..

Summer round here I love continental verticals 2 .35 as they hooked up well in the dust and stone and slid progressively when you got a shift on.. in winter they are shite as they clog and pack solid = heavy / slidy.... Then I swapped for thinner panracer trail raker tyres 1.95 less comfort but In the mud they gripped and cleared....

I had some maxxis wet screams at one point they let you spank it down a water strewn mud filled downhill trail without a care in the world but ride on the flat or uphill Bradly Wiggins would have opted for epo!
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
korolev

Post by korolev »

Seriously thinking about getting another Suzuki Jimny next year; stick the right tyres on it and it's an incredibly capable off-roader.
I've owned dozens of cars in the past 37 years and, despite it's slowness, the Jimny was in the top three for grin-factor
Citizen H

Post by Citizen H »

Yorkshire Andy wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:11 pm
Citizen H wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:39 am
Deeps wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:04 pm besides I've a rat survival mountain bike project cooking away hence the questions about Nato green paint, watch this space.......... :lol:

Ohh I'm intrigued I used to do a lot of mountain biking.... Light strong cheap ... Pick 2

Then the arguments really set too 7 speed block vs 9 or 10 speed groupset...... As 7 speed chain is bigger and thicker = stronger and more muck resilient

Brakes.... Rim brakes be it canti or V or disc?

Hydraulic discs are almost maintenance free but if they go wrong they can be a harder fix. ...

Square taper bottom bracket or the hollow tech ii versions (I used to round off square taper cranks!)

Wheels big downhill rims for longevity or light weight xc whippet rims..

Tubes or ust tubeless?

26 or 700c or the 29ner 69ner

Hubs cartridge bearings for life or cup cone type as they are user serviceable but less muck proof ...

It's a whole can of worms before you get into suspension or gear shifters

Quick release or bolt on axles :o

Then spare parts frame type hard tail I always carried a spare mech hanger for example but often the rear mech ended up mangled so it was a on the fly single speed conversion (much harder on a full suspension bike,)

So decent multi tool ... Incl chain tool and quick links .. tubeless repair kit or patches for tubes.. pump / co2 inflation kit

Steel frame or aluminium?

Tyre choice is a massive game too as depending on where your riding or time of year affects what rubber you slap on ..

Summer round here I love continental verticals 2 .35 as they hooked up well in the dust and stone and slid progressively when you got a shift on.. in winter they are shite as they clog and pack solid = heavy / slidy.... Then I swapped for thinner panracer trail raker tyres 1.95 less comfort but In the mud they gripped and cleared....

I had some maxxis wet screams at one point they let you spank it down a water strewn mud filled downhill trail without a care in the world but ride on the flat or uphill Bradly Wiggins would have opted for epo!
it will be an urban assault survival commuter, it was a wreak that had been painted gold by the previous owner ?!?!, fortunately the jet wash cleaned most of it off, ive remove all the damaged non working parts plus the front derailleur, the photos shows it in a state of part rebuild, with a newish seat and post, I'm thinking Mad Max, Walking Dead, post apocalypse type of thing, the lights I'm working on are something special that ive not tried before, watch this space...........
Attachments
Hell Cat .jpg

Citizen "H"