New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
jansman

Re: New member

Post by jansman »

A rule here is that we do not discuss,' Self Defence.' Under UK law being ' Equipped' to deal with a potential threat is illegal,as it is pre meditated.Here at UK Preppers we do not discuss illegal matters.How you deal with your domestic situation is your business,and yours alone.Thankyou.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Nurseandy

Post by Nurseandy »

Hi Spike & welcome. Bit intrigued and not wanting to be negative but you say you live in a tower block? What's your plan for water for a year? If it all goes belly up then the water treatment plants & pumping stations will be out of commission so no water coming out of the taps. Thinking about it I suppose it is possible to store enough water for a year (2 litres/day x 365 = 730 litres) but that's a lot of weight on your floorboards!
Cheers
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Partly my bad, jansman, I did ask about how self defence (amongst other things) connected in to being disabled.

Spike, thanks for the feedback on your experiences in Japan.
Spike_Polite

Post by Spike_Polite »

Hello Nurseandy
I have plenty of plastic water containers and I don't need to worry about weight I have solid concrete floors in my flat. I hope a flat higher up becomes available I would move into that and with the large roll of visqueen sheeting I have I can set up rain collectors on the roof running the water in a pipe and down into 2 water butts in my flat then the water is ready to purify.
Nurseandy

Post by Nurseandy »

Hello Spike, fair do's. Certainly well thought through.
Have you ever heard of something called a "waterbob"? It's a plastic liner you put in the bath which allows you to transform it into a water tank (the waterbob has a lid), that'd be another ~300 litres.
Spike_Polite

Post by Spike_Polite »

Yes I've heard of them very useful but I had my bath taken out and turned my bathroom into a wet room.
I also have a river that runs along one side of the tower block usually 2 ft deep, 25 ft wide. The river has been narrowed with walls as high as 20 ft giving a barrier and constant water.
I want to be able to stay put as long as I can and be well prepared with a plan when or if I have to go outside or bug out.