Going away for a few days

How are you preparing
Cougar

Re: Going away for a few days

Post by Cougar »

There is now the same option for bike tyres you seem to get with modern cars (and I dislike), a bottle of compressed gas and slime to get you home. Picked one up at Aldi although it would be a last resort. Personally I carry a spare tube and plan on fixing a punctured tube when I chose to rather than whilst out on a ride.
Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

Mark Twain

Area 4
Deeps

Re: Going away for a few days

Post by Deeps »

korolev wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:17 pm
Deeps wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:32 am For toilet paper I have keep some of these in my pockets and rucksack(s).

You can fit them in bags a lot easier than a toilet roll and they're a bit more discreet. The cheap shops are the place to go for them.
Get a toilet roll, unroll it off the cardboard tube, roll it back up again tightly and stick it inside the cardboard tube. Takes about the same space as one of those tissue packs.
I've compressed toilet paper in the past and for longer trips I can see the logic but for a day or two I'm happy with a few packs of tissues to cover a number of eventualities. Again, whatever works for you, no single right way of doing things, for me its a bit more 'normal' to pull a tissue out of a pocket or bag than a roll of bogroll, that's a fair whack of my logic I suppose, as grey as I can be.