Hello

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
Makk

Hello

Post by Makk »

Hi everyone,

First my confession, I have been lurking as an unregistered user of this forum for some time and feel like I have read most of it. So I must thank you all for contributing so much useful information.

I have joined so I can contribute to some of the discussions and so I can ask some questions of my own. Particularly around prepping in terms of first aid and the relevant supplies needed for that which I have very poor knowledge of.

I am based in the east of England and started prepping some time ago only more recently (last 2 years) have a taken a more organised approach. I have put together a go bag for the car and a box of supplies for the house, I believe I have most of the basics pretty well covered.

I am very cautious and risk adverse in my approach to planning most things, I think this is why prepping appeals to me.

I am looking forward to future discussions.
Deeps

Re: Hello

Post by Deeps »

Welcome to the forum, I'm guessing you know your way round if you've been using it already. As you know there are some people who know what they're talking about on the medical front on here. What sort of scenarios are you prepping for ?
Makk

Post by Makk »

Thanks. I am mostly prepping for a period of time where we do not have access to supermarkets, shops, central services etc. Or at least that is what I put most thought in to. Interruption to supply lines, national emergency, that kind of thing.

So I tend to keep some things in the house that would be useful food and water, spare batteries and torches that kind of thing. Also a backpack of bits in the car.

I try to prep for things that are more likely scenarios as a priority and less likely scenarios I put less of my resources in to. E.g. I would love a zombie proof bunker under my house but have been working on storing food and water instead (I know I would need food and water in the bunker but you see what I mean).
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Pesky zombies :mrgreen:

It's kind of a cliche around here that if you prep for the most likely emergencies - bad dose of flu, long power cuts, broken water main, etc, then you're halfway there to prepping for the unlikely ones.

Enjoy :)