Good tent

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
DustyDog

Good tent

Post by DustyDog »

Can anyone recommend a good 3/4 person tent please, I made the mistake of buying a cheap £50 from Halfords and last night in the storms all of its poles snapped so its in the bin. Thanks ppl.
Up in the wet South Lakeland
pseudonym

Re: Good tent

Post by pseudonym »

High Profile/Low Profile?
3 Season/4 Season?
Built in Groundsheet?
Freestanding?
Colour?
Price Range?
Backpacking in/Car camping?

I've had varying sized Helsports, fantastic shelters:

https://www.tamarackoutdoors.co.uk/PBSC ... 20\%20Tipi
Two is one and one is none, but three is even better.
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

For your needs DD, you can't beat a Vango or Coleman or if you want to push the boat out Robens are the bits. If you can get to a Blacks or Go Outdoors have a look at a few walk in tents and see what you think are tough. Berghaus apparently are good too, but expensive. Maybe check out the inflatable jobbies? Hope you get something sorted before tonight.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
itsybitsy

Post by itsybitsy »

Brambles wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:07 pm For your needs DD, you can't beat a Vango or Coleman or if you want to push the boat out Robens are the bits. If you can get to a Blacks or Go Outdoors have a look at a few walk in tents and see what you think are tough. Berghaus apparently are good too, but expensive. Maybe check out the inflatable jobbies? Hope you get something sorted before tonight.
Do you still go camping B?
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

itsybitsy wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:17 pm
Brambles wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:07 pm For your needs DD, you can't beat a Vango or Coleman or if you want to push the boat out Robens are the bits. If you can get to a Blacks or Go Outdoors have a look at a few walk in tents and see what you think are tough. Berghaus apparently are good too, but expensive. Maybe check out the inflatable jobbies? Hope you get something sorted before tonight.
Do you still go camping B?
Oh yes! I'm planning a weekend in the peak district soon. Wanna come?
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Maybe worth a quick look on Gumtree to see if you pick something cheap up for tonight. As already suggested, if you have a Go Outdoors or the like have a shufti and see what works for you.
Brambles wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:43 pm [

Oh yes! I'm planning a weekend in the peak district soon. Wanna come?
Let us know how it goes, not walked round there.
DustyDog

Post by DustyDog »

Ok, got a Berghaus Peak 3.3, sposed to be good and has alloy poles, so will see what happens, of course now I’m £££s out of pocket the weather has improved. :roll:
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

Ah but this is England and the storms are queuing up so you'll be right for the next one.
DustyDog

Post by DustyDog »

They can queue as long as they want, if I hear of a storm coming my way I’ll be packing into car until it passes, I ain’t going through THAT again. 8-)
DustyDog

Post by DustyDog »

Brambles if u walking around Ambleside, give me a shout, maybe have a beer. :D 🍺🍺. Just have to make it a Monday or Tuesday (days off) or a fri or sat afternoon (split shift) no holidays yet, only been there 2 weeks.
Last edited by DustyDog on Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.