Hello from Scotland

New Members - Introduce yourself, and say a few words
TopRammer

Hello from Scotland

Post by TopRammer »

Hi All

As title says I’m a new member from Scotland!

Had a quick look around and would like to commend you on a great community.

I used to have a basic skill set as a teenager - raised in the outdoors and basic survival and with current affairs and the endless TV dramas just want to be half usueful if SHTF!

I plan the have the essentials and also the knowledge of what could be available nearby and definitely refresh my skills and at the very least improve my knowledge.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.
hobo

Re: Hello from Scotland

Post by hobo »

Hello and welcome!
TopRammer

Post by TopRammer »

Thanks hobo
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Welcome to the forum from another Fife prepper, I hope you find the site useful, I've learned loads since joining. Prepping is a broad subject, what aspects are you most into ?
TopRammer

Post by TopRammer »

Thanks for the reply, as a total noob definitely into brushing up my common sense and getting my hands on items that will be hard to find is SHTF. At the moment having the knowledge and skills to look after myself and my immediate family feels like a good starting point.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Take your time with it mate, that maybe sounds counter intuitive when you've got 'the bug' but figure out what it is that will work for YOU. That will probably be different to me or guys on youtube, the basics are the same, water, shelter and food (and preferably something to cook it on). Sites like here and of course youtube are great for inspiration but its easy to get sucked in and think you NEED X,Y or Z cos others have them. I'll put my hand up, I've done it, especially at the start when you're particularly evangelical about it. :oops: Enjoy prepping, not everyone agrees but I reckon there's a hobby element to it, we wouldn't do it if we hated it.
TopRammer

Post by TopRammer »

That’s sound advice as long as I am some use to my nearest and dearest it’s a step forward! Would hate to be missing something that’s so simple to acquire now and near impossible to get when it’s needed! Plus the other half lives day to day so it’s going to be a mission in itself to get started!
izzy_mack

Post by izzy_mack »

Welcome, another Scot is always good. You been given some sound advice already and I agree, take your time , buy what YOU need and will use, don't get sucked into keeping up with the prepping Jonses. Many of us, like me :? , went a bit daft at the start and bought stuff and foods that we'd never use. Good luck, let us know how your getting on.
Scottish-prepper

Post by Scottish-prepper »

Hey guys, I’m brand new to the forum as of today, but not new to prepping! Look forward to speaking with you. I just posted my “hi, I’m new here” kinda post then scrolled down and saw this!
diamond lil

Post by diamond lil »

Hi to another fly Fifer :mrgreen: I'm up among hills and moors in the Borders.