What Preps are you doing this week? Part 5.

How are you preparing
hobo

Re: What Preps are you doing this week? Part 5.

Post by hobo »

Finally replaced my old school solar panel/leisure battery set up with more state-of-the-art gear. Anyone have any use for wezas/gazelles/leisure batteries and various solar panels? Message me for details!
:D 2 days of Spring seems to have lifted my spirits and seen off the black dog.
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

hobo wrote:Finally replaced my old school solar panel/leisure battery set up with more state-of-the-art gear. Anyone have any use for wezas/gazelles/leisure batteries and various solar panels? Message me for details!
:D 2 days of Spring seems to have lifted my spirits and seen off the black dog.
Glad to hear it mate.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Now the soil has warmed, it’s time to sort, or start sorting , my planting. Peas are in , a row of perpetual spinach, and the Daubentons Kale is finally out. I have built a frame and filled with fresh soil for onion sets. Done it that way as the garden is alive with white rot. Lettuces and Spring onions are going well in the tunnel, and the tomatoes are coming along steadily. Chillies are a little slow, but they will catch up; they always do. New spuds are coming on in plastic sacks, and need more compost adding.

GOT to start replenishing firewood , there is enough for Winter 18/19, but I like to stay ahead. After my lazy Sunday start, I have what I call a “toolbox day” (or few hours), to get niggling little jobs done around n the house.

Another thing I have been sussing out are a couple of alternative routes to and from work. I now work 13 miles away, and any issues on the M1 cause near gridlock almost instantly , so I now have two cross country routes as back up.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
Mick104

Post by Mick104 »

Extending my veg plot, by 35 x 20 ft, On last Wednesday I had 20 ton of top soil delivered, dumped on my front drive . About an hour after, I fell whilst shifting a boulder (much too big for even this man) I now have bruised ribs, a box of Solpadol and two thirds of the top soil is still on the drive :x .
Attachments
garden.jpg
topsoil.jpg
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

Mick104 wrote:Extending my veg plot, by 35 x 20 ft, On last Wednesday I had 20 ton of top soil delivered, dumped on my front drive . About an hour after, I fell whilst shifting a boulder (much too big for even this man) I now have bruised ribs, a box of Solpadol and two thirds of the top soil is still on the drive :x .
Hope you're back to your best soon mate. These wee reminders that you're not invincible are a bloody nuisance.
Arzosah

Post by Arzosah »

Mick, sorry your back's screaming at you now :( hope you heal soon. I know that early in the year, I was doing too much in one go, after not doing much at all, and it really hurt - like I'd been stabbed :shock: really not nice.

20 tons is a lot, though - you're going to have a great garden!
nickdutch

Post by nickdutch »

Physiotherapist told me to do pilates so I do that once a week and have been since january. I thought pilates was a silly girly exercise. it turns out its hard as buggery and really puts a strain on the body and is doing wonders for me.
so if you have a crap body like mine and you need exercise maybe check out a pilates class.
reperio a solutio
Resident and Co-Ordinator of AREA 2
Area 2 = Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire, Bucks
Arwen Thebard

Post by Arwen Thebard »

Anti climb paint going onto tops of side garden wall.

Hope it doesn't run in the rain?
Arwen The Bard

"What did you learn today?"
sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

Arwen Thebard wrote:Anti climb paint going onto tops of side garden wall.

Hope it doesn't run in the rain?
I'm told you can make your own by adding a big dollop of linseed oil to a gloss paint. Never tried it though.
jansman

Post by jansman »

Car is in for service and MOT in the morning.So I cleared the boot.I keep my GHB under the secrecy board- along with a ton of other crap! Now,all the gear is packed neatly into a mil.surplus rucksack,so if I had to walk home,it's all in one place,and with water still only weighs 15lb.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.