EDC knife

Kit, Clothing, Tools, etc
jansman

Re: EDC knife

Post by jansman »

korolev wrote:
jansman wrote:Whatever yoiu choose to have in your pocket- and it is your choice- I would seriously consider UK law.Non locking and less than a 3" blade.Even a thumb stud for one handed opening is a no no.
Thumb studs and other methods of OHO are not illegal. It is only the size (less than 3 inches) and that it should be foldable at all times without having to operate any locking mechanism
They may not be illegal, but trust me, they will use it against you. You have to be whiter than white. 23 hours in a cell makes you realise you are a little fish in a big sea. Even with a ‘legal’ blade I had to prove why I had it in my pocket. Been there.
In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: It goes on.

Robert Frost.

Covid 19: After that level of weirdness ,any situation is certainly possible.

Me.
xplosiv1

Post by xplosiv1 »

I've also bought stuff from the site in the link below before, they're pretty good and i've never had any issues dealing with them...... they have an EDC knife section

https://hunters-knives.co.uk/
Area 11

Endure the pain of discipline or Suffer the pain of regret.
Yorkshire Andy

Post by Yorkshire Andy »

IMG_20180129_211926138.jpg
Well my EDC "collection"

Putting into context I was sat yesterday in our local pub svord in hand cutting cheese and Morrisons foot long sausage roll and no one batted an eyelid mainly as I was passing around cheeses at our weekly " regulars bring a bit and we'll have a mini banquet" ;)

The camping goes with me when I'm err camping

Farming often lives in my pocket when walking

And the little oppinel for walking into town

I have got bigger knives and lock knives and multi tools

The Mora is great for gardening multi tools have their uses I use at work

But as the others have said in the wrong environment / situation your at the very least "accompanying a constable to the station"!

That said I've walked through metal detectors with a EDC knife without thinking about it (London eye) and one of those few drinks after work turned into a few too many walked through bouncers metal detector having pocket dumped the sak in the pastic tray with keys and wallet and being handed it all back without a word or hand on shoulder!

One place you will get "done" is in a court those people really are on the ball (and I was a witness) fortunately I had seen on here that any knife is a no no.... They even quizzed and opened and unrolled my £20 note cash stash on my keys.... Buggers didn't roll it for me :(

And beaware the police are wise to these

https://www.bladesandbows.co.uk/pbk-fol ... 2708-p.asp

And these are seen as a fixed blade even though it's tiny

https://www.alloutdoor.co.uk/equipment/ ... 70QAvD_BwE
If your roughing it, Your doing it wrong ;)

Lack of planning on your part doesn't make it an emergency on mine
Deeps

Post by Deeps »

xplosiv1 wrote:I picked up a Mora Outdoor companion 860 knife a while ago, its not something I'd walk around with in my pocket especially in urban Scotland (it would get me 10 years) but I've found it great up the mountains. 4.1" stainless steel blade that's razor sharp out of the box, pretty durable hard plastic sheath and a very comfortable non slip rubberized handle

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00 ... UTF8&psc=1

There's a fair few fans of Mora on here, I think they're great for the price. I know some aren't keen on the plastic sheath but there are some mods you can do on youtube with them that are interesting. I usually take one up the hills with me but like yourself I wouldn't carry one about town, I'm too pretty for prison. :o
Chemistry

Post by Chemistry »

Good topic. I will be moving back from Germany this year and will have to get rid of my legal German toys as they are banned in the UK.
This little thing below is my EDC and sits on my keychain. Total length 3.3cm when inside the holder and 9.3 cm when blade attached, shame I won't be able to hang on to it...technically its fixed blade.
Attachments
71mDjTnSWHL._SL1000_.jpg
xplosiv1

Post by xplosiv1 »

on the topic of EDCs I got an email today from a knife shop I have frequented in the past and obviously logged into my account yesterday after reading this thread to see what they had on offer these days ........ email text below.

You may be aware that the government is looking to stop the online sale of knives in the UK. All knives, including household knives, will no longer be available to UK customers unless purchased in-store.

thats pretty damn inconvenient if it comes into force !!
Area 11

xplosiv1

Post by xplosiv1 »

Chemistry wrote:Good topic. I will be moving back from Germany this year and will have to get rid of my legal German toys as they are banned in the UK.
This little thing below is my EDC and sits on my keychain. Total length 3.3cm when inside the holder and 9.3 cm when blade attached, shame I won't be able to hang on to it...technically its fixed blade.

your knife can be bought on Amazon in the UK ...... its not technically EDC legal but you could still ship them over if you wanted to keep them.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Multi-function ... =edc+knife
Area 11

sniper 55

Post by sniper 55 »

xplosiv1 wrote:on the topic of EDCs I got an email today from a knife shop I have frequented in the past and obviously logged into my account yesterday after reading this thread to see what they had on offer these days ........ email text below.

You may be aware that the government is looking to stop the online sale of knives in the UK. All knives, including household knives, will no longer be available to UK customers unless purchased in-store.

Thats going to be silly. The only knives I can find locally are all lock knives, nobody seems to understand the knife law in the UK.
xplosiv1

Post by xplosiv1 »

sniper 55 wrote:
xplosiv1 wrote:on the topic of EDCs I got an email today from a knife shop I have frequented in the past and obviously logged into my account yesterday after reading this thread to see what they had on offer these days ........ email text below.

Thats going to be silly. The only knives I can find locally are all lock knives, nobody seems to understand the knife law in the UK.
I feel your pain even if you search for EDC knives on amazon 80% of search results either have fixed blades, blades too big or they lock lol
Area 11

xplosiv1

Post by xplosiv1 »

Deeps wrote:
There's a fair few fans of Mora on here, I think they're great for the price. I know some aren't keen on the plastic sheath but there are some mods you can do on youtube with them that are interesting. I usually take one up the hills with me but like yourself I wouldn't carry one about town, I'm too pretty for prison. :o
I dont really mind the sheath at all, it does its job. I dont clip it to my belt or anything its mainly to stop me slicing my hands to pieces while rummaging around in my bag or jacket pockets
Area 11