Mining as a part of prepping

For all things financial
saint-pete

Mining as a part of prepping

Post by saint-pete »

Hey, I've been surfing through random articles about bits of everything and a thought struck me: does mining pertain to prepping. And for that matter is anyone here into crypto-currencies and mining? They say there will come a time when we will even buy property with bitcoins https://tranio.com/world/analytics/how- ... rket_5405/ and the world will be a better place (questionable). And there is a plan to make a thing that can do both mining and heating the house :o
itsybitsy

Re: Mining as a part of prepping

Post by itsybitsy »

What?? :?
Citizen H

Post by Citizen H »

Digging for coal? free fuel that can be traded ....
Im just hoping for the best and preparing for the worse.

Citizen "H"
peejay

Post by peejay »

Creating a reliance on anything digital doesn't strike me as prepping anyway, but the likes of bitcoin is effectively gambling anyway (similar to shares) in that their value can go down as well as up, has has been demonstrated by it's recent peaks & troughs of 20% or more!

I have a tenners worth of it just for a laugh but as with many things investment/gambling-related, you shouldn't put in more than you can afford to lose...
Wood cutter

Post by Wood cutter »

You are asking 2 very different questions. There is money to be made in mining, but you need to be into it in a big way. It's not something you should get into to make a few quid. Money, in its traditional sense, is everywhere, and for anyone that way inclined, is easy to get. I get the sense that on this forum it's much more about saving a few quid than making it though.
Wood cutter

Post by Wood cutter »

I'd also add, that blockchain tech is here to stay, and is going to make its way into a lot of different industries sooner rather than later.
preparedsurrey

Post by preparedsurrey »

No idea about currency but there used to be a couple of exposed coal seams in old railway cuttings near me, they were fairly extensively dug during the miners strike, from experience when I was cold and didn't have money to spare for coal it's hard and heavy work and requires motorised transport to get it home, logs are easier if you have an area of woodland and time to let it dry.
If guns are outlawed then only the outlaws will have guns....
Wood cutter

Post by Wood cutter »

I can see this thread becoming the forum benchmark for 'going off on a tangent'.
Brambles

Post by Brambles »

Wood cutter wrote:I can see this thread becoming the forum benchmark for 'going off on a tangent'.
:lol: :lol: Not by a country mile! :lol: :lol:
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain~anon
Wood cutter

Post by Wood cutter »

Brambles wrote:
Wood cutter wrote:I can see this thread becoming the forum benchmark for 'going off on a tangent'.
:lol: :lol: Not by a country mile! :lol: :lol:
:lol: I have noticed that the odd thread seems to get derailed around here.